News media's latest twist on villianizing guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've noticed that each time there's a "Gun" article that's closer to balanced, they'll include the latest negligent discharge headlines, suggesting that:
1. Guns just seem to go off accidentally.
2. Being around guns/ owners is inherently dangerous.

All 3 incidences of discharges listed in yesterday's Daily Oklahoman were most likely negligent- as in a finger pressed a trigger of a loaded firearm when the finger's owner wasn't planning on intentionally shooting at something.

I've stood in line at gun shows over the years and watched as knuckleheads fingered triggers, swept the crowd and watched in surprise as a round ejected while clearing it so the security guys could zip tie the action. Glad that I haven't heard any booms in the hall.

So OSA brethren, avoid adding to the anti's fuel, remember the 4 basic rules and know that it's ALWAYS appropriate to call out an unsafe act with a firearm, be it at a range, shop or show. You may prevent a tragedy.

(Screen name unrelated to firearms use, but I am the "*******" that calls people out when they sweep me with finger on trigger, while checking out rifles at Academy or gunshows :) )

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hear ya. I'm the ******* that threatens to pull the guy over the counter and stick the crimson trace fake blue gun right up his turdchute if he points that damned thing at my head again... That was at SuperDaves Claremore show, so if offended anyone in the area, sorry. If it was you that I threatened, the offer still stands...

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unsafe, we are always gonna be portrayed as such in the liberal press. Keep educating and teaching safety.

Shooterdave, it only takes one aggressive action to lose your ccw privledge. Just a little write up from the investigator whether you feel justified or not.
Hate to see good guys lose their right to own firearms over stupid peoples practices. Hang in there, it won't be the stupidest thing you observe by far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom