Oklahoma Home Invasions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say good for her. She shouldn't need to wait until the SOB is inside the house posing a more serious threat to her or little ones.

Would I do it. NO... I certainly see the safety concern with the inability to properly identify the target, potential bystanders etc.. Probably much harder to convince a jury that this Jarhead was as afraid for my life as she would be either.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live just a couple blocks from last night's shooting on Cherry St.

I had the same thing happen to me last year. Woke up at nearly 2:00 a.m. to pounding on my door and "let me the F*CK IN MOTHERF*CKER". I get light and a weapon, and call 911. Less than 6 minutes later 2 super nice TPD officers were on my porch with the guy in custody. Alcoholic homeless guy in his 50s. Still had a Hillcrest bracelet on.They had released him earlier in the day, he went to the dollar store, drank off brand Listerine until he couldn't see straight. We left the porch light on accidentally that night. Moth to a flame.

That **** happens here in midtown, especially on the BA access roads, especially on Cherry St. Cops told me that night they get similar calls often. There are 2 major hospitals and several bars here.

The last thing I ever want is to see a human being die sucking air from a gunshot wound, especially where I sleep and eat. Many in WWII, Vietnam, and the recent deserts and mountains never got an option. I've been lucky enough to never see it. I call 911 and wait until my house is breached. I shoot through nothing solid. F*ck the legalities, I don't EVER want to shoot a man I didn't have to shoot. My girlfriend is in the back of the house, safe, and I'm behind cover with 911 on the line and a quick option to shoot with a clear line of sight when that window next to the door breaks and I see you coming through it (door is 100 year old solid oak with a deadbolt and chain. good luck with it). I wait on cops or you to make a hole into my locked house, whichever comes first. Period.

Now, when I lived 40 minutes from town on 5 acres up a 420' driveway...I had a more open "shoot first, ask questions later" policy. You live in an urban area near bars and hospitals and homeless people, you need to slow your roll in my opinion. I handle things differently since moving to town. Much differently. I'd be fawking FLOORED to find out this guy was anything more than one of the dozens of drunks/tweakers/homeless vagrants on our block.

I'm glad she's safe and he lived. I sat up shaking that night for a while last year. Not out of fear of the guy at my door, out of fear that I came pretty close to killing a man on my threshold. Made me sick to think about. My decsiona making kept blood off my porch, and my house address off KOTV.com. Hammer-nail syndrome. I have guns and phones. There's a time for both.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She was absolutely legal In shooting the guy. I live in a very isolated area. It would take 20 minutes or more for LEO to get here. We are pretty much on our own for security.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either way, good for them. Looks like the girl in the first video had a Judge? Hard to tell, but the cylinder looked long.

whatever it was, brought down dust and lint in front of the camera when she fired. Interesting he had a handgun in his hand when he woke up - wouldn't that be dangerous when you're still groggy and disoriented?

Latest posts

Top Bottom