Oklahoma Home Invasions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who cares if the 11 year old had access to a gun, it seems that in this case it served it purpose. Just because they are a child doesn't mean they are instantly going to mis-use a gun. This is the 1st time I have seen the LEO question why anyone under the age of 16 had access to a gun.

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better question is why was the kid home alone? I dont have a problem with the gun as it sounds like he was taught how to use it properly.
I was home alone as an 11 year old. From end of school until dad got home from work. Different states have different laws for age. It's not uncommon, and is acceptable in most states.

Hell I've seen 11 year old kids who babysit from time to time.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I office at home, but there are times that I have meetings and my girls get home from school before me. They are 11 and 8. Both use AR's for deer and coyote hunting, so I have an AR in my bedroom for home defense because I know that they know how to use it. In the event of an intruder, they both go to my bedroom and lock the door. The 11 year old grabs the AR while the 8 year old grabs the phone and dials 911. The 8 year old takes cover in the bathroom, relaying information to 911, while the 11 year old positions herself behind the bathroom door jam with the AR focused on the bedroom door. She then releases the bolt, charging the rifle. She knows that if anyone kicks the door in, they are there to do bad things and it is time for her to go to work.

We have practiced this numerous times because I'll be damned if my daughters will sit idly by and become victims.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
85-year-old man shoots burglar after home invasion in Tulsa Saturday night
Sep 13, 2015

TULSA - An 85-year-old man shoots a suspect trying to break into his home.

The incident happened near west Marshall Street and north Union Avenue late Saturday night.

Police say when they arrived, they found both the suspect and victim with gunshot wounds.

The suspect suffered two gunshot wounds to the torso and was transported to the hospital by EMSA. The man is currently in critical condition.

First responder also found the 85-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound to his hip, as well as a head injury. He is in stable condition.

The Tulsa Police Department is trying to determine how many guns were involved in the shooting.

Cpl. Aaron McPherson says, "We don't know if the suspect was armed or he used the victim's gun."

Police have not determined if the suspect and victim knew each other.
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...ulsa-saturday-night?google_editors_picks=true

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okmulgee County Woman Shot, Killed After Surprising Intruder
Oct 18, 2015

A burglary turned homicide is shaking up the small community of Beggs.

Okmulgee County deputies have been working the case since a woman was found shot to death in her home Saturday night. People we spoke to in Beggs say this shooting is tragic. They find it shocking that something like this could happen to a woman so loved and respected in the community.

Hours after the woman was found dead inside the home on Harreld Road investigators searched through tall grass near the home for clues. A few items were collected, but there's still a lot to be discovered.

Okmulgee County Sheriff Eddy Rice tells us the victim is a woman, but won't release her name just yet. He says the woman came home Saturday night and interrupted a burglary. Rice says the burglar shot the woman, then left.

"Knowing they haven't caught him or her yet and knowing they are still out, it's scary," says Duggar.

http://www.newson6.com/story/30289886/okmulgee-county-woman-shot-killed-after-surprising-intruder

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa Woman Attacked, Robbed In Her Home
Posted: Oct 26, 2015

Police say a man entered the home of an elderly woman, hit her on the head and stole her purse.

kotv.images.worldnow.com_images_9097661_G.jpg

Officers said the assault happened at a home in the 3400 block of East 5th Place just after 5 a.m.

The 70-year-old victim told police the man took her purse containing her medication. The victim's granddaughter told police the woman had forgotten to lock the front door and believes that's how the man entered the home

EMSA says the victim was stable when paramedics took her to the hospital.

Police said the victim and the granddaughter could only give them a vague description of the man.

http://www.newson6.com/story/30347633/tulsa-woman-attacked-robbed-of-medication-in-her-home

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Young mom shot in home invasion fires back, protects baby (fox29.com)
http://www.fox29.com/news/45440525-story

Semantha Bunce, a 21-year-old combat medic with the National Guard, was feeding her 4-month-old son, Bentley, when the nightmare began.

Bunce’s husband was at work and their daughter at school when the attackers kicked down the door of the North Carolina home.

Bunce frantically rushed the baby up to the bedroom and grabbed her husband’s legally-owned pistol.

“I think it was a shock to the intruders just as much as it was to her,” Paul Bunce, her husband, told WSOC-TV.

A GoFundMe Page has been set up for Semantha.

static.lakana.com_media.fox29.com_photo_2015_11_06_Intruder_2089a3466b95978a9120d71bb4009cb094.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TPD: Man dead following shooting during alleged home invasion in north Tulsa
(note misleading title .. more like domestic violence)
Nov 8, 2015

media2.kjrh.com_photo_2015_11_08_untitled_1447003592314_26453019_ver1.0_640_480.png

TULSA - Police confirm one man is dead after being shot in the chest and crashing his vehicle during an alleged home invasion in north Tulsa.

Officers say a suspect forced his way into a home in the 300 block of East 27th Court North around 10:30 a.m. Sunday. They say the home owner then allegedly shot the man four times in the chest.

Police say the suspect ran out of the house and tried to drive away but crashed his SUV into an illegally parked BMW. They say he was found passed out in his vehicle with a 3-year-old girl inside.

Officers say the front door of the home had evidence of a forced entry.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...est-sunday-in-tulsa?google_editors_picks=true

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom