Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is these laws, which are introduced every session, and often passed, are unconstitutional. They are ALWAYS struck down. ALWAYS. The result is a lot of wasted time and money to us, the taxpayers.

I really, really, really wish the Legislature would concentrate on improving the lives of ALL Oklahomans, rich and poor. We are basically sliding into a hellhole. 111,000 needy Oklahomans cut off of Medicaid rolls. State education in a horrific mess. Department of Corrections overcrowded and understaffed.

Our state needs a mental make-over. We should demand our politicians start doing their jobs and working towards bettering our state, instead of pandering to special interests and donors.

Oh well, I'll keep dreaming.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is these laws, which are introduced every session, and often passed, are unconstitutional. They are ALWAYS struck down. ALWAYS. The result is a lot of wasted time and money to us, the taxpayers.

If Scalia didn't croak when he did they might have stopped getting struck down.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I really, really, really wish the Legislature would concentrate on improving the lives of ALL Oklahomans, rich and poor. We are basically sliding into a hellhole. 111,000 needy Oklahomans cut off of Medicaid rolls. State education in a horrific mess. Department of Corrections overcrowded and understaffed.

Our state needs a mental make-over. We should demand our politicians start doing their jobs and working towards bettering our state, instead of pandering to special interests and donors.

Oh well, I'll keep dreaming.
Agreed. All politicians need to completely stop trying to legislate morals...abortion, same sex marriage, religion...etc.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ted Cruz has blatantly said he wants Roe v Wade overturned (so has lil marco) and the next president will likely appoint 2-4 SCOTUS justices that will sit for most of the rest of my life. Tell me why I should want a Republican appointing those justices when the first abortion case in a decade was just argued last week - which would be a 5-4 decision is Scalia was still alive. The states are already succeeding in crippling abortion access. Let the SCOTUS give them more leeway and it's all but gone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ted Cruz has blatantly said he wants Roe v Wade overturned (so has lil marco) and the next president will likely appoint 2-4 SCOTUS justices that will sit for most of the rest of my life. Tell me why I should want a Republican appointing those justices when the first abortion case in a decade was just argued last week - which would be a 5-4 decision is Scalia was still alive. The states are already succeeding in crippling abortion access. Let the SCOTUS give them more leeway and it's all but gone.

Do you like guns?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference between murder and abortion is like the difference between stealing and borrowing without asking.
I'm still struggling to find the link between your posts and the link I posted. Are you suggesting that murder should be a protected right as abortion is? Or, is it that you don't care that D.I.Y. abortions are on the rise? Or, something else? I respect your opinion, whatever it it...just trying to understand what your thoughts are about the rise in D.I.Y. abortions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom