Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still struggling to find the link between your posts and the link I posted. Are you suggesting that murder should be a protected right as abortion is? Or, is it that you don't care that D.I.Y. abortions are on the rise? Or, something else? I respect your opinion, whatever it it...just trying to understand what your thoughts are about the rise in D.I.Y. abortions.

I oppose abortion.

DIY abortions are horrific, committed by heartless mothers who care more about their own well being than that of their kids.

th

Legit depression era picture. These are the kinds of women that attempt/commit DIY abortions.

to give you an idea of the disgusting people we're dealing with;

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tennessee-woman-charged-with-attempted-murder-in-failed-abortion/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any ya'll ever held an actual aborted or miscarried baby in your own hands? Say, your own child, or the miscarried baby of one of your friends, family or even one of your own kids'?

I'm just curious about all this "academic" discussion.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I oppose abortion.

DIY abortions are horrific, committed by heartless mothers who care more about their own well being than that of their kids.

th

Legit depression era picture. These are the kinds of women that attempt/commit DIY abortions.

to give you an idea of the disgusting people we're dealing with;

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tennessee-woman-charged-with-attempted-murder-in-failed-abortion/

I'm so glad you have volunteered to raise a woman's child for her! Fantastic! More people like you and we wouldn't have an adoption or foster children problem. And maybe you can be a stand-in father for some of the girls and boys who's dad left their mother when she got pregnant but was unable to abort them! I 100% support you taking care of every child that was forced to be born by outlawing abortion!

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so glad you have volunteered to raise a woman's child for her! Fantastic! More people like you and we wouldn't have an adoption or foster children problem. And maybe you can be a stand-in father for some of the girls and boys who's dad left their mother when she got pregnant but was unable to abort them! I 100% support you taking care of every child that was forced to be born by outlawing abortion!

Oh come on, let him share the love. We all know there are lots of same sex couples who'd love to adopt. I'm sure tristanjay is totally on board with that if it prevents some abortions.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the irony of the liberal mind that I don't understand. Abortion - killing a fetus is okay. If a person shoots and kills a pregnant women, then he is charged with 2 counts of murder. Killing a fetus, is it murder or not?

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the irony of the liberal mind that I don't understand. Abortion - killing a fetus is okay. If a person shoots and kills a pregnant women, then he is charged with 2 counts of murder. Killing a fetus, is it murder or not?

Was the person intending to carry the child to term? If so then yes, it was a double homicide. If they weren't even aware they were pregnant then I would say double homicide. If they were heading to the abortion clinic I go with single homicide.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was the person intending to carry the child to term? If so then yes, it was a double homicide. If they weren't even aware they were pregnant then I would say double homicide. If they were heading to the abortion clinic I go with single homicide.

That's a double standard. The fetus is either a life with rights or it is not.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a double standard. The fetus is either a life with rights or it is not.

It is a life if the mother decides it's a life. If she says it is a life (example 1) then it is, but we could only speculate what she thought in example 2 (not knowing she was pregnant). In example 3 she says it is a lump of cells that needs to be removed and therefore is not life.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend at work the other night about abortion. He is what I would classify as very religious, and is anti abortion for the most part. We both agreed about health, incest, and rape as cases where abortions should not be restricted. The discussion went on and we talked about all sorts of things like what point it should be illegal to abort. We both had a hard time defining "late term" abortion. We talked about, as others have here, certain groups of women wanting to be able to go out, party and have no consequences of their bad decisions. We talked about getting consent from the father, however we ran into a problem with that. All she would have to say is "I dont know who the father is" and that would be worthless. Then I said something that really made him think. What will happen if you make a woman carry an unwanted baby to term? Will she take care of her body? Will she go to all the Dr. appointments? If she does not want the child why would she?

I think it is a really interesting ethical and philosophical discussion about when exactly individual life begins. Not just life starts at conception, but when does that life gain individual rights.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wondered about the people who are against abortion except in cases of rape or incest. How do you make a woman sufficiently prove she was raped?

Latest posts

Top Bottom