Pearl Harbor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My grandparents neighbor was on the Oklahoma when it went down. A little man, he was only about 5' and 120lbs when I saw him last 15 years ago. He was able to escape from a hole that he said he could barely fit through and swim to the surface, but had trouble finding an area to actually break the surface because of the fuel/oil on fire on the top. Incredible.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandparents neighbor was on the Oklahoma when it went down. A little man, he was only about 5' and 120lbs when I saw him last 15 years ago. He was able to escape from a hole that he said he could barely fit through and swim to the surface, but had trouble finding an area to actually break the surface because of the fuel/oil on fire on the top. Incredible.

that must have been absolutely terrifying.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The japs had to be defeated and it's a good thing we saved half of Europe from the communists, regardless of his warmongering and duplicity.
We coulda evacuated the harbor with a little warning and still entered the war over the very fact they were attacking with much less collateral damage.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We coulda evacuated the harbor with a little warning and still entered the war over the very fact they were attacking with much less collateral damage.

I'm not aware of specific historical evidence that he was aware of the exact time and place of the attack. They had information and reasonably believed the japanese were going to launch an attack somewhere in the south pacific -- they never anticipated this type of raid on Pearl Harbor, as far as i know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom