Peeping with .22s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious about peep sighting on a couple 22s. My friend has a model 270 Winchester he would like a peep on, and I'm seriously thinking of putting one on either my Henry pumper, or a 10/22. Having trouble finding suitable mounting options on the interwebs (Google dont know everything apparently). A scope has been suggested.... but the appeal of fundamental simplicity has me wanting to peep.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put this on an old Mossberg single shot 22 and I love it. Not a peep sight though, more of a ghost ring. But it just replaces a regular dovetail rear sight. I use it with the original front sight post and can hit 5" steel at 100yrds.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1828132532
1706302541877.png

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I put this on an old Mossberg single shot 22 and I love it. Not a peep sight though, more of a ghost ring. But it just replaces a regular dovetail rear sight. I use it with the original front sight post and can hit 5" steel at 100yrds.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1828132532
View attachment 448372
Hmmm... I wonder if this would work on a Henry .22. My old eyes need all the help they can get and I really don't want to add a scope or red dot to it.

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Henry small game carbine came with a Skinner peep sight. Don't know if it will fit yours but it's really nice.
I just saw that yesterday on a small game. Henry used to sell peeps directly a few years ago. I wasn't thinking about it then but, I just can't bring myself to scope such a beautiful rifle and the peep looks like it belongs there. My eyes should do better with that im thinking

Latest posts

Top Bottom