Places to pan for gold in oklahoma or nw arkansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys i live by locust grove i may have 2 check out that place by chouteau i always heard they was indian burial grounds but whgat you said makes more sence.I have some alsome places to look for arrowheads were you can find 6 or 7 all the time i will be willing to trade someone that can find or take me 2 a good place.

I live a little south of there. I do not think there would be enough runnoff to accumulate anywhere even if you could get permission to sample it. It slopes pretty much down each side into the grass areas all around that is bailed. There is not a flowing stream very close. It is an interesting formation though.

We found a site on Gibson that was obviously a major arrowhead manufacturing site, but after being picked over for 100 years, all that is left are the rejects. We keep looking for a "prize" every time the water goes down but have not had any luck. An old farm house had been built there later, so not much left to pick from.

Good luck to you and your "panning".

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering what those hills were. Learned something new.

Those are not volcanic vents. They are just hills that have more erosion-resistant rock on top that the surrounding areas do. The rocks around here are primarily sedimentary formations deposited in ancient seas. Black Mesa, in the west end of the panhandle, is a volcanic formation if I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom