Prayers, positive thoughts, etc. Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Dont know much besides the three options (radiation, surgery, radiation seeds). I could use some prayers, positive thoughts, meditation, etc.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Dont know much besides the three options (radiation, surgery, radiation seeds). I could use some prayers, positive thoughts, meditation, etc.

Know someone going through this right now.

A couple of books were suggested that are good reads:

Surviving Prostate Cancer Dr Patrick Walsh
Prostate book Dr Peter Scardino

Help him realize that it is something most men have, and very few die from when caught/treated early. It's just getting over the smack in the face that you have cancer...

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most prostate cancer is very slow growing. After a certain age they stop treating it because you will die of something else.

That's what my Dr. wife tells me.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
do you know what treatment they had? (surgery, radiation)

All of the above. It varies dependent on each case, patient and doc.

Most prostate cancer is very slow growing. After a certain age they stop treating it because you will die of something else.

That's what my Dr. wife tells me.

x2 true.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. My father had prostate cancer and underwent radical surgery. No chemo, no radiation. I think he was about 70 at the time. He died at 91. Each is different. You are near some very good doctors and hospitals.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers for your father are with you HK. My stepdad had prostate cancer and a VA doc performed the removal. He was in his mid 60's. He has some issues with internal scarring afterward that had to be addressed. The Cancer Treatment Centers of America would be a good reference. I believe they still offer free counciling for non patients, but it has been 6 years since Pops had his operation and I haven't kept up with the clinic. Read everything you all can get your hands on that comes from bonafide medical research and Encologists and don't decide a treatment plan without discussing all of the factors for a particular treatment with his doc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom