Presidential debates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That premise rests on the false assumption that this kind of change can only work bottom-up. However, sometimes change isn't bottom-up, but is top-down. It can work both ways, assuming the ideology is strong and practical enough to make any change at all (and I'm not sure that libertarianism, overall, is).
The issue here is that no one is buying the viability of this approach. The only time it got close was a 100% independent, who happened to be a billionaire who had supporters because of competing business interests (Perot).

Using a lame duck POTUS candidate who doesn't even really represent your party very well to effect down ballot access, is like putting the cart before the horse. They need to focus on developing local party Infrastructure first. The only way to do that is gaining both grass roots volunteers, AND business world support.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Posts 95, 96 and 106. Telling me my interpretations are flawed and filtered through falsew dichotomies, doesn't make it true. I don't care if you're playing devils advocate or not, you're taking a flawed (yes I'm using your dishonest debate tactic against you) position and using it to support Hillary's scurrilous attack schemes that were perpetrated in coordination with Holt.

Stop doing that and I'll stop calling you out on it. :)
95 was contrasting the different types of offenses between Nixon and Hillary. Nixon didn't have email.

96 was pointing out that there was no guilty verdict or admission of guilt. One of the foundations of this country is that a person is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Of course, Republicans and Democrats have shown bipartisan opposition to that principle as evidenced through their support of the Patriot Act, no fly lists, and TSA.

106 was referring to another thread where both you and Dennis did a Trump imitation when sources for an argument were cited. I'm still waiting for "the other side" in that thread to present their argument using credible sources.

Last night, Clinton demonstrated signs of insanity - "let's keep doing what I've been doing the last 30 years that's proven to not work." Trump looked like a four year old throwing a hissy fit on the candy aisle whose momma told him "no" when he wanted a Snickers. Lester looked like he was trying to give Clinton as many crutches as he could.

Sent from my Nokia 6100 using Tapatalk

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue here is that no one is buying the viability of this approach. The only time it got close was a 100% independent, who happened to be a billionaire who had supporters because of competing business interests (Perot).

Using a lame duck POTUS candidate who doesn't even really represent your party very well to effect down ballot access, is like putting the cart before the horse. They need to focus on developing local party Infrastructure first. The only way to do that is gaining both grass roots volunteers, AND business world support.
There were three choices. A two-term governor with a track record, a career Interner troll, and a former fugitive. Only one was a pragmatic choice - the other two would have been completely sunk the day after the convention.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trump gets elected = he down sizes and down qualities to move into the white house.
Clinton gets elected = the white house can stop using plastic forks and spoons cause she'll bring back the silverware.
He could always opt to waste taxpayer money fortifying his own home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom