Public Service Announcement: DO NOT travel internationally without THOROUGHLY searching your property first!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend bought his daughter a collapsible baton for self defense when she was at OU. Years later she went to the airport in NYC and that baton was in a carry on bag and got her arrested and charged with a felony. She had forgotten that she even had it and didn't know it was in her bag. TSA could have confiscated it with a warning, but instead she got made an example of. After being jailed, bail, and expensive attorney fees she was given 1 year probation with record to be expunged if she had no other legal issues.
Depending on when she was at ou, it could have been illegal to carry here too.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right? People don’t know this already when they travel abroad? TSA & the airlines only warn you about a million times to not bring prohibited stuff in luggage.
Yes. This pic is from Ontario, Ca. around 2017. The bin you put your personal items in when going through TSA-
tsaweed.jpg

Okieoutdoors

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had the privilege of traveling for hunting to several countries Its their country their laws

It took me 5 months to get a rifle permit for New Zealand with 20 rounds of ammunition Did I take 22 rounds

Hell no

The rifle serial number was checked entering New Zealand and ammunition was counted All of my baggage was x-rayed on entering The rife serial number was checked again entering the US

Just because you carry a US passport does not exclude you from that countries laws !!

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had the privilege of traveling for hunting to several countries Its their country their laws

It took me 5 months to get a rifle permit for New Zealand with 20 rounds of ammunition Did I take 22 rounds

Hell no

The rifle serial number was checked entering New Zealand and ammunition was counted All of my baggage was x-rayed The rife serial number was checked again entering the US

Just because you carry a US passport does not exclude you from that countries laws !!
What were you hunting in New Zealand?

Okieoutdoors

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I book the hunt in 2020 at the Dallas Safari club show expecting to go in 2021 Covid shutdown New Zealand for 2 years Then I ended up battling Prostate cancer, 29 Proton therapy treatments and 6 months of Lupron The Lupron took my testosterone to a zero I postponed until my energy and testosterone returned Rach at Leithen Valley Hunts was angel to deal with Leithenvalley.com I can not say enough great things about her and her team

Yes you can rent a rifle if you want I just prefer hunting with my own

Proton Therapy is the way to go for Prostate cancer Little to no side effects

Red Stag.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom