Siri says july 27th 2014 will open the gates of Hades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

From that link:

"What the heck, apple? I bought a phone, not an apocalypse.

Through googling, I found out that Siri said the same thing for August 7, 2013. What I couldn’t find was why.

Now, let me reveal something about myself – since I basically work online, I have a lot of confidence in my ability to find stuff on Google. When I can’t find stuff on Google, it shakes me to the core of my being. The foundations of my reality waver. Also, it annoys me. And while I could find plenty of people asking the question – including on the Apple support boards (somewhere an apple programmer is snickering up his sleeve) – what I couldn’t find was a straight answer.

Long story short – a half hour of obsessiveness later, here is the answer.

Siri is referring to Chinese Ghost month, the start of which is based on the 7th month of lunar year. During this month, the gates of both Heaven and Hell are opened, or so the story goes. Nice of that programmer to leave out the Heaven part. Laugh it up, Apple programmer. No shoes for you."

It's a good thing I found this information because I was gonna be ticked off royally because I retire on July 1. Now I can still enjoy going to Colorado, where I can either get rich growing Marijuana or go off into the mountains and take pictures.

Then again, Siri is simply like Harold Camping, and he has gone to check out the validity of Hades and Hell in person since he obviously couldn't predict the end of the world. Two tries and both were wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom