Skeet Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But once that's figured out, it's the same over and over. I've shot in north of Enid for over 30y, zero wind break. Unless the wind just happens to push one down or up, it's all the same over and over.
Yep - but how often do you shoot a perfect 100 out of 100? How about with the .410b? The flight paths and speed are predictable but there are so many other variables like hold point, look point, moving on the flash, matching target speed, shooting form, target lead, follow through, etc. that come into play. And don’t forget that dreaded flinch that can creep-in causing missed targets. There are very few who have shoot a perfect 500x500 in a weekend event of 100 each in doubles, 12g, 20g, 28g, and .410b. I’ve never seen it in Oklahoma and only once or twice at the World Championships. I’m always amazed that Paul Giambrone, I mentioned above, was 1000 out of 1000 in his 20g registered events back in 2012. He didn’t miss a single 20g target the entire year. In 2014, he was 997 out of 1000.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep - but how often do you shoot a perfect 100 out of 100? How about with the .410b? The flight paths and speed are predictable but there are so many other variables like hold point, look point, moving on the flash, matching target speed, shooting form, target lead, follow through, etc. that come into play. And don’t forget that dreaded flinch that can creep-in causing missed targets. There are very few who have shoot a perfect 500x500 in a weekend event of 100 each in doubles, 12g, 20g, 28g, and .410b. I’ve never seen it in Oklahoma and only once or twice at the World Championships. I’m always amazed that Paul Giambrone, I mentioned above, was 1000 out of 1000 in his 20g registered events back in 2012. He didn’t miss a single 20g target the entire year. In 2014, he was 997 out of 1000.

Never shot a round of registered skeet in my life. Can I go break 25/25 or 50/50 every Wednesday evening? Usually. We try to keep it enjoyable. Never shot a round of anything with a 28g. 12g, 16g, 20g and .410 lots though. .410 skeet is about as fun as it gets imo. My daughter shot registered trap for years, made several trips to Sparta, IL to the Grand. Pretty awesome to watch those folks carry over their singles and handicap 200/200 and 100/100day after day for the tie breakers, the AAA shooters are pretty incredible. There's zero wind in Sparta in August though, which is a huge plus lol.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never shot a round of registered skeet in my life. Can I go break 25/25 or 50/50 every Wednesday evening? Usually. We try to keep it enjoyable. Never shot a round of anything with a 28g. 12g, 16g, 20g and .410 lots though. .410 skeet is about as fun as it gets imo. My daughter shot registered trap for years, made several trips to Sparta, IL to the Grand. Pretty awesome to watch those folks carry over their singles and handicap 200/200 and 100/100day after day for the tie breakers, the AAA shooters are pretty incredible. There's zero wind in Sparta in August though, which is a huge plus lol.
Yep - that .410b is the great equalizer for skeet and really fun. I’ve seen your past postings about your daughter and trap shooting. I always smiled. Those kids are the future of our shooting sports.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep - that .410b is the great equalizer for skeet and really fun. I’ve seen your past postings about your daughter and trap shooting. I always smiled. Those kids are the future of our shooting sports.

Ammo prices and reloading supply prices have slowed some young shooters down a lot it seems. MidwayUSA, NRA and some other organizations are helping a ton as far as keeping kids programs supplied with shells. Hopefully they'll be able to keep that going.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ammo prices and reloading supply prices have slowed some young shooters down a lot it seems. MidwayUSA, NRA and some other organizations are helping a ton as far as keeping kids programs supplied with shells. Hopefully they'll be able to keep that going.
There are several people in the skeet shooting community who help the youth by buying their ammunition, paying for registered shoot entry fees, providing training, and paying for training with Giambrone shooting clinics. I know a guy who provided a youth with a used Kreighoff shotgun. These people are really special.

Latest posts

Top Bottom