1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Danny, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Sharpshooter Member

Anyone hear anything about this pistol? Here's some info from the SHOT show.

Built in laser might be okay, and I like the multiple stike capability. But a pistol this size, in .380?? What with problems finding decently priced ammo? And the thing has a suggested retail price of over $500.00. I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Not when you can get any number of small framed handguns in more powerful calibers.

And, isn't a "outstanding trigger" and "S&W pistols" an oxymoron??? I've had several Smith pistols over the years and none of them had triggers that could be described as anything other than horrible. Especially in DA mode.

I just don't see this as a good move on their part. Any of you feel differently or have any experience with this gun?

2. GMThunder

GMThunder Sharpshooter Member

Kinda hard to have experience or feelings without assumptions, for gun that hasn't shipped yet.

3. jej

jej Sharpshooter Member

Does "multiple strike capability" mean it is a repeater?

Does it mean you can whack your target with it if it fails to fire?

This is an "industry leading feature?"

Another hard-hitting review by an independent journalist that we can all trust.

jej

4. Danny

Sorry, I wasn't aware it hadn't shipped yet. Someone else said it's already on Smith's website. I just can't access it from here at work. I'm pretty surprised I can access this place from here at work.

LOL You can whack the target if you want to in a FTF situation. Me? I'm throwing it at them and running.

5. Old Fart

Old Fart Sharpshooter Member

They're just doing like everyone else and captializing off a new market. Lot's of people are starting to carry these days and a little 380 seems to be an attractive option to them. I've never been a big fan of this little mouse gun caliber but it probably does fall into the minimum requirement for a self defense round. I've got one that I carry occassionally when I don't fill like I need one but I like the security of having something. Better than a rock or sharp stick for sure and a good bit better than a 22 or 25.

6. HowardCohodas

HowardCohodas Marksman Member

Check out this on S&W's web site: New Bodyguard. Some videos available at this link as well.

Bud's has it listed for you to place it on your wish list. They will notify you when it is available and what their price will be. Their estimated price is $432 as compared to the MSRP of $575. S&W BODYGUARD 380 109380 2.75 LASR BLK

S&W Press Release

7. Danny

At 5.25" long, isn't that the same size as a Baby Glock, or a Kimber Ultra? Kind of big compared to some of the other new .380s isn't it?

8. 257wby

257wby Sharpshooter Member

Looks interesting to me. Just another 380 to add to the long list.

9. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter Member

Nope. The Glock 26 is 6.29" long, and the Kimber Ultra Carry II is 6.8" long, so the Bodyguard is a fair bit shorter.

10. Old Fart

Old Fart Sharpshooter Member

In all reality if I'm gonna carry a 380 I'd just as soon it be as small as possible. Otherwise I'll tote something a bit more powerful.
    But that's just me. Like I said I've never been a big fan of the little autos.