Smoked Brisket Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
another technique i've come to appreciate for most meats is salting it early. If you can let the salt sit for several hours it will penetrate deeper into the meat and have a better flavor. Beef especially needs salt.
Reason I marinade brisket in a 50/50 mix of teriyaki and soy sauce, and 1/4 of Worcester sauce.
Gives it the salt and a steak like flavor. We did very well on the Ok BBQ circuit with that recipe. Basically fund raiser meets.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reason I marinade brisket in a 50/50 mix of teriyaki and soy sauce, and 1/4 of Worcester sauce.
Gives it the salt and a steak like flavor. We did very well on the Ok BBQ circuit with that recipe. Basically fund raiser meets.

Okay we need more detail, I'm not understanding this. 50/50 of anything is a whole. So are you mixing up an amount 50/50 and then adding a 1/4 of the ALREADY MIXED amount of worcester? I want to do this on my next one. A 15lb steak sounds really good! :D

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smoked stuffed jalapeno peppers
  1. Wash peppers and remove stems.
  2. Cut a slit along one side of each pepper.
  3. Remove seeds; rinse and dry peppers..
  4. Stuff peppers with sausage and wrap with thick cut bacon; secure with a toothpick.
  5. smoke peppers, uncovered, until tender and bacon is crisp

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay we need more detail, I'm not understanding this. 50/50 of anything is a whole. So are you mixing up an amount 50/50 and then adding a 1/4 of the ALREADY MIXED amount of worcester? I want to do this on my next one. A 15lb steak sounds really good! :D
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup Worcester sauce.
Marinade for 4 hours.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never marinated a brisket .. dry rub works good, flavor penetrates all the way through.
Sam's canadian steak seasoning works good as a dry rub .. put loads as lots will fall off.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried the salt and pepper method. Pretty tasty

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 142

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The brisket ended up being awesome! I folded to the wife's love of coffee rub. Never used it for smoking before but it always delivered a delicious steak. Now we know it's good with smoke. Forgot to take pics before I had it all carved and partially consumed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom