Smoked Brisket Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love my greens cooked with lots of onion, garlic, bacon and bacon grease, then finished off with some apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Love that stuff. Vinegar is the key at the end.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought our corned beef at Costco in Wichita. Great big one. Sliced it into 3lb slabs and vacuum packed. First two slabs went into CB and Cabbage. This one going to the smoker tomorrow for the dark beer and veggi's.

Went the other direction today and used the chuck.
Couldn't find a Guiness extra stout, so went with a Becks dark beer.
The beer flavor is certainly carried over to the finished product. The recipient lacked a few items that appeal to us, so I added sliced button shrooms, and yellow squash to the veggi mix.
Coated the roast with a thick layer of salt/pepper/garlic powder, and smoked in the cookshack for three hours at 225 with light hickory/Apple wood.
Went for a drive around the lake, came home and put the roast in the veggi's and shredded. Mowed for two hours, took the top off for an hour and put on a cibatta roll.
Couple of bites, added some horseradish sauce. Much more tasty.
Ate a second with horseradish sauce, and a slice of pepper jack cheese melted into the meat.
Nirvana had finally been reached. [emoji106]
Good stuff.
Now for the "rest of the story".
Wife puts all the same ingredients into a croc pot, adds some liquid smoke, goes to work and comes home to the finished product. Its a little juicy. Easy enough to fix by putting in the oven with an open top to reduce. Google Italian croc pot roast.
Another ingredient she adds is pickled banana peppers to the buns before adding the meat/veggi mix.
Man, those add a little crunch and kicks the flavor level way up there.
If you like fiddling around the house all day tending the smoker making the pepper stout beef, go for it.
I'm going with the croc pot version.
I'd add just about twice what veggi's they recommend. I like them, and when they cook down, there is not much mixed in with the meat.
The Corned beef flat is thawed, so that will be made into pastrami this week.

Last edited:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
left over brisket .. sliced with nan bread microwave about a minute ... mmm

DSC06960.jpg

DSC06962.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not real fancy but sure hits the spot .. smoked brisket keeps really well.
brisket is wrapped in aluminum foil, then slipped into a gallon zip lock.

can help but think about why folks smoked meat before refrigeration was even invented.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did the pastrami work out Dennis?

I did ribs on Saturday. They totally fell apart when I attempted to put them back in the rack for the last hour. I got them a bit too done, the bark was chewy, but they were still good. Sunday I put up a big bag of jalapenos. Ought to be ready starting in about a week. I sampled one last night and it's looking to be a really good batch. Got some hot japs, finally!

Latest posts

Top Bottom