So Begins Stage two

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Sorry to hear that, just because it is not on her own terms, but I know you two are prepared. Enjoy yourselves!

We went through this when Continental Resources closed the doors here in Enid and moved to OKC. They tried like hell to get her to re-locate and I told her if they found/offered me a job paying as much as I was making at the time, we'd consider it. Of course that didn't happen. A bunch of folks from Enid did re-locate and, like Shadowrider said, a year later the majority of them were no longer employed by CR. Some left of their own accord, others were let go after ripping up their lives here and re-locating.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should enjoy the heck out of it. If you haven't yet, check into getting Coach Net coverage. Well worth the money!

My better half and I earned our stripes e.g. camper shell, 2 over head campers, 3 bumper pulls, fifth wheels last one was 35 foot. The 35 went over every mountain pass within the lower 48. Now we are looking back, and thinking about a 24 or 26 B Plus to be able to go to the places we couldn't go with the fiver.

Be smart, be safe, pack up and head out. Some of our best runs were when we didn't know where we would go or when we would get back.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't know that. I'm pretty sure the closure only affects the Ponca facility.

It was just an FYI but I forgot to mention that I wish you safe travels with your wife to discover new places. Sorry it didn't happen on the preferred schedule but just accept it as an extra blessing of time that most of us don't appreciate enough.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks that retirement is forced to be a little early but glad to hear you guys were already planning on it.

Could have a lot of fun traveling around checking out the sites and hitting up some competitions along the way. The SteelChallenge match I was able to hit in Phoenix was pretty interesting but that would definitely be something I would suggest at a different time than when I went (June 19th and 120 degrees forecast that day) http://www.cactusmatch.com/index.php/scores/steel-challenge/754-june-19-2016 They also have two different clubs running them out there and some other interesting things to do in between. I know they have a Japanese Garden that is supposed to be very interesting although it was closed when I was going to check it out.

Another thing I would think about trying is some day hikes along the Continental Divide Trail http://continentaldividetrail.org/ Park the RV somewhere and hike along and back then move up the trail to another area. If you wanted to get real brave do an overnight hike. At some point this will be my goal to hit up and possibly do a full through hike.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What model RV did you get? Pics?

Just now picking it up.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161005_d8aa41cf80500984d468a500a251a210.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom