So Begins Stage two

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The oil field related company my wife has worked for with 43 years of service announced today they are closing the doors and moving the business to Houston Tx.
250 or so employees effected. Some will be offered jobs to move. Most won't. LOTS of 20 year plus employees.
So, effectively in 60 days or so, my wife retires early and we begin stage 2 in our lives together.
We bought a 29' RV last Saturday in anticipation of her retiring some time in the future not knowing it was coming so quick, so we are looking at spending the rest of our healthy lives with a lot of time visiting parts of this country we've never seen.
We are excited.
Man, 43 years with a company. That is a long time. Glad she is able to retire. I feel so sorry for people that aren't to the retirement time yet. So sad. This happened to many at Dayton tire when they closed down. Luckily my dad had 33 and my uncle had 32 years in. I hope you and your wife have a great retirement together. I hope if we are still on this earth my wife and I will be able to retire and enjoy life together. But she has been at her job for 7 years longer than I have been at mine. So she will probably get to retire before me. Well, hopefully she does. With the way things are in this country we may not ever be able to retire. And I started with my company right after they got rid of our pensions. :(

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Blue Cross Blue Shield get the 76% rate hike they are asking for, I will be going back to work instead of enjoying retirement.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
did you get a load equalizer hitch?

Yes. The pickup is sagging a little in the pic because the bars had not been added to the hitch yet. Mechanic had to go get the hitch pins for the locks. Level now.
I got 10.5 mpg with a 5mph tail wind. Put the cruise on 63 mph, and it maintained the speed easily for 100 miles up I35. I was a little worried about how it would pull. Pleasantly surprised!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to store it at your house, get one of those carport type metal buildings to park it under. I would get that covered it halfway down the sides if not full. You do not want to leave it out in the weather. We had one for a couple of years, but my wife hated it. Camping to my wife is staying at an Embassy Suites.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it sounds like you guys are turning this into a totally positive deal. Glad it's going to work out okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom