Solar panels for Dummies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my last uncle passed a year ago and my brother and myself have been cleaning up and out the two houses on 8 total parcels totaling 1256.40 acres. My uncle was a hoarder to say the least. Burt very little was trash. Most is new tools. And parts for new tools. I have 1.5 rooms left to filter tools out of and I expect 3x loads full of a 10 foot trailer.

But the reason for this post. Judging from the location in his house, around 2006-2010 he purchased new solar panels and just stacked them up. Then buried them. I know very little about them so I just leaned them against a wall and continued moving tools I did know. Guessing 50 plus panels. And I will grab one of the staller ones this weekend to just google info. But does anyone know of a solar panels for dummies site? OR can anyone dumb it down into crayon what I need and if they are worth messing with?

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See if you can find the manufacturer info from a label on the panel and google for more info like the specs and if the manufacturer is still in business. Lots of good vids on YouTube also.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it may be this simple.

1714084645605.png

More complicated the more panels you tie in.
https://www.tycorun.com/blogs/news/solar-panel-wiring

That above has more nice pictures

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judging from the location in his house, around 2006-2010 he purchased new solar panels and just stacked them up. Guessing 50 plus panels.

Woof.
If the panels are from 2010, then they're mostly obsolete by now. (New or not)
Newer panels (even a few years old) has a significant improvement in wattage output compared to 2010 output.

A significant expense of solar power is the installation (labor). So most people won't invest the "installation cost" for far-inferior output.
The resell value greatly depends on the panel wattage output. (Search FB marketplace for comparison)

With that said, if you find all the parts for the entire system (panels, inverters, wiring, racking, etc)
You might have better luck selling the entire system as a package.

Best of luck!
Post info of what you find!

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woof.
If the panels are from 2010, then they're mostly obsolete by now. (New or not)
Newer panels (even a few years old) has a significant improvement in wattage output compared to 2010 output.

A significant expensive of solar power is the installation (labor). So most people won't invest the "installation cost" for far-inferior output.
The resell value greatly depends on the panel wattage output. (Search FB marketplace for comparison)

With that said, if you find all the parts for the entire system (panels, inverters, wiring, racking, etc)
You might have better luck selling the entire system as a package.

Best of luck!
Post info of what you find!
This^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom