Some pics of my recent Caribbean vacation... and my experience with Zika. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice man, you are blessed!

It was nice... of course, it was 13 years in the making, since I'd been there last. I've worked a lot of hours, a lot of crappy night shifts and a lot of frustration and heartache. We went pretty much all-out and saved up plenty to spend, so we didn't have to cut corners much or worry about, "Can we afford to do this on this trip?" We just bit the bullet and if it was something that sounded like fun, we did it, paid for it and purposely ignored the cost (within reason). It was by far the most expensive vacation I've ever taken, the most time off I've ever taken from work and the best vacation I've ever enjoyed.

I can't imagine anything topping it, except perhaps my plan to do Australia and dive the Great Barrier Reef. That is still probably a few years off, but it is on the list, and I can finally see the possibility that we might be able to actually DO it. I think I want to wait a couple more years until my son is more experienced with diving...

It was amazing. I could move down there tomorrow and live full-time if I chose, but it would require walking away from some commitments here, which I'm not quite ready to do yet. Someday...

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive done Australia, did it in 1999. My son works for an Australian mining company, BHP Billiton . One yr after being hired he was sent to Australia, Queensland area. I stayed 12 days and loved it. Barrier Reef, Koala bear farm, 20 ft salt water croc at a croc farm, rain forest for Duck Billed Platypus , etc. Flight there and back in coach was a killer though. Would never do that again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom