1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sooo...I can kinda see why people road hunt

Discussion in 'General Hunting & Fishing Discussions' started by DeerAssassin, Oct 6, 2012.

1. DeerAssassin

DeerAssassin Sharpshooter Member

Sat in stand all day long at Cookson WMA. Cold...Rain...Antsy in a stand that I can't move in. Saw multiple deer on the way there, does...bucks, you name it. Did not see a single thing all day, except some elk that some lady politely intervened in my wifes hunt to inform her that she could not hunt the elk. Duh. Left the WMA and there are at least 10 deer clustered in a yard not 500 yards from the entrance. Saw even more on the way to Marble City.

I'm not advocating breaking the law...But it's days like today where I sit on stand for 12 hours in the cold, wind and rain for zero gain sure make me momentarily question my ethics.

Hope this post doesn't get anyones panties in a wad...I'm not serious

2. AllOut

AllOut Sharpshooter Member

Not at all....
    I'm TOTALLY against road hunting, but I gotta bite my tongue all the time driving around out west.
    That's what separates the men from the boys, who can resist the temptation.

3. MLR

MLR Sharpshooter Member

I have always been against road hunters. Considered them to be lower than pond scum. I do have to admit that the huge amount of deer I have encountered on the roads when riding my bike at night the last couple of years has caused me to think that just maybe.....

Michael

4. j-dubb

j-dubb Sharpshooter Member

If you think road hunters are scum, what about people spot lighting fields at night?

5. indi

indi Sharpshooter Member

Don't worry, I've went and scouted a couple of places so far.what did I find you ask, let me tell you.... I saw a black cat watching me, and horse poop, and that is it!!!!!! I come out for a cigarette at night and there I see 15 deer in my yard. The yard deer are safe for now. I'm thinking about putting a feeder in the yard so I can get them their during daylight hours, if my fridge is empty come January, well you know the rest.

6. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter Member

High dollar night vison and infared has become the replacement tool for the spot light.:(

7. AllOut

AllOut Sharpshooter Member

They are one in the same
    Poachers!!!

What's funny is I'm sure I can pick a few game laws every one of us has broken. Most of us probably didn't even realize they are laws or don't really care.

8. kroberts2131

kroberts2131 Sharpshooter Member

I suck at hunting and fishing and always wish I could cheat but I'd rather suck than cheat. I was moving my blind Friday and here come 2 does within 15 yards. Could have pulled out my CCW and got one if I wanted!!!

9. j-dubb

j-dubb Sharpshooter Member

And then what stabbed an arrow in the bullet hole and checked it in? I know some people that have done it.....

10. Lurker66

Lurker66 Sharpshooter Member

Just had a bud break the law this morning on our lease. Im so pissed at him. Thats why im back home until my Draw hunt at MAAP at end of month.