Sooo...I can kinda see why people road hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat in stand all day long at Cookson WMA. Cold...Rain...Antsy in a stand that I can't move in. Saw multiple deer on the way there, does...bucks, you name it. Did not see a single thing all day, except some elk that some lady politely intervened in my wifes hunt to inform her that she could not hunt the elk. Duh. Left the WMA and there are at least 10 deer clustered in a yard not 500 yards from the entrance. Saw even more on the way to Marble City.

I'm not advocating breaking the law...But it's days like today where I sit on stand for 12 hours in the cold, wind and rain for zero gain sure make me momentarily question my ethics.

Hope this post doesn't get anyones panties in a wad...I'm not serious

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have always been against road hunters. Considered them to be lower than pond scum. I do have to admit that the huge amount of deer I have encountered on the roads when riding my bike at night the last couple of years has caused me to think that just maybe.....

Michael

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry, I've went and scouted a couple of places so far.what did I find you ask, let me tell you.... I saw a black cat watching me, and horse poop, and that is it!!!!!! I come out for a cigarette at night and there I see 15 deer in my yard. The yard deer are safe for now. I'm thinking about putting a feeder in the yard so I can get them their during daylight hours, if my fridge is empty come January, well you know the rest.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suck at hunting and fishing and always wish I could cheat but I'd rather suck than cheat. I was moving my blind Friday and here come 2 does within 15 yards. Could have pulled out my CCW and got one if I wanted!!!

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suck at hunting and fishing and always wish I could cheat but I'd rather suck than cheat. I was moving my blind Friday and here come 2 does within 15 yards. Could have pulled out my CCW and got one if I wanted!!!

And then what stabbed an arrow in the bullet hole and checked it in? I know some people that have done it.....

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just had a bud break the law this morning on our lease. Im so pissed at him. Thats why im back home until my Draw hunt at MAAP at end of month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom