Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received this email from Springfield Armory today. I do believe their 1911 MCOperator just moved to my next purchase position.

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

Last edited:

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for Springfield Armory.Really pissed me off to read that they are destroying their rifles like the Australian sissys did a few years ago.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Common guys this means nothing at all, since Dicks wont sell any Springfield's . Dicks broke up with Springfield since Dicks said they weren't selling any more box fed magazines rifles. Is Springfield trying to say they broke up with Dicks first????? This is a ridiculous PA ploy

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Common guys this means nothing at all, since Dicks wont sell any Springfield's . Dicks broke up with Springfield since Dicks said they weren't selling any more box fed magazines rifles. Is Springfield trying to say they broke up with Dicks first????? This is a ridiculous PA ploy
Sadly, most of this stuff means nothing at all... :/

Latest posts

Top Bottom