1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Square Credit Card Processor prohibiting Guns and Ammo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harley128, May 10, 2013.

1. harley128

harley128 Sharpshooter Member

Just got the notice that effective in June Square is not allowing firearms/ ammo/ firearms parts to be processed any longer........

Anyone know of a good "gun friendly" processor that has mobile app for the Iphone?

2. OKfella

OKfella Sharpshooter Member

As a CC processor, I had just researched this.

My processing banks that offer competitive rates are not at all gun averse, IF you are conducting face to face, card present business. Think a gun shop, or any other scenario that will always be card present. If this is your situation, I can help. In fact, I can get you your first Iphone card reader for free. There is an activation fee, and a small monthly fee, plus a fair discount rate. Alternatively, card terminals are crazy cheap these days, so don't write that route off yet, either. If you process now, I can get you switched over to my processing on a terminal with no cost to you, other than the terminal. No app fee, no set up fee, etc, at a great rate. It really depends on where and how you conduct your sales.

For me, the problem is when a large percentage of sales are internet or phone, with the item being shipped. To do those types of merchants, I must go to a high risk processor, and the rates are really high. I have avoided doing any this way...the risk/cost seems high, the return low.

PM me if I can help in any way.

3. Tyson C.

Tyson C. Sharpshooter Member

how does it/they know if you are buying guns/ammo/etc....

just curious on my own behalf.... and how $hitty of them to determine what you can and can't buy!!!

4. DamnYankeeOK

DamnYankeeOK Marksman Member

5. Shootin 4 Fun

Shootin 4 Fun Moderator Staff Member Moderator Member

PayPal sucks balls.

6. n2sooners

n2sooners Sharpshooter Member

PayPal is very anti-gun with their PayPal service. My question is how would they know? You, being the vendor, supply them with all the information so unless you tell them it is a gun they won't know if it's a gun?

7. XD-9Guy

XD-9Guy Sharpshooter Member

We use square in our fireworks business and our owner is very pro 2A, I wonder if this will end our business with them?

8. Shootin 4 Fun

Shootin 4 Fun Moderator Staff Member Moderator Member

Because you tell them what type of items you sell when you sign up. It's not as easy to lie to them as one might think....trust me on this one.

9. n2sooners

n2sooners Sharpshooter Member

I have a square card reader and I don't sell anything. It was simple to sign up and all I had to do was link it to my bank account.

10. harley128

harley128 Sharpshooter Member

Yeah, I mean I guess it's possible you may go awhile before they find out, like telling them you sell "sporting goods", etc. But you will technically be in violation of their member agreement, which then gives them the power to put a "hold" on your funds--- which I"m sure you could eventually get---but nonetheless they could tie up some of your operating capital for awhile............ My luck they would tie up a transaction for an expensive "Nighthawk Custom", or 50 BMG.