Square Credit Card Processor prohibiting Guns and Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to cnn.com, mobile payment service provider Square is preparing for an IPO. Financial advisors looking to “clean-up” the company’s image may account for Square’s decision to kneecap its customers’ human, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms. Alternatively, Square’s CEO Jack Dorsey may have banned guns and ammo on his own for personal/political reasons . . .

The Twitter co-founder’s on record as admitting that he’d like to be Mayor of New York City. Yup, Dorsey’s a big fan of hi-tech eavesdropper, civilian disarmament proponent and all around fascist bastard, Michael Bloomberg.

“I think that Mayor Bloomberg has done an amazing job, and I and a lot of Silicon Valley look to him as a guiding light because he’s completely rethought what it means to be mayor,” Dorsey told CNN.

I don’t think that means what Dorsey thinks it means, as The People of the Gun will no doubt remind him. That would be the same group of gun owners who are not well pleased with Square’s official explanation for their guns and ammo ban:

A Square spokesman declined to comment on this specific change, but said: “From time to time we revisit our policies governing the use of Square to ensure they are consistent with our values and in the best interests of our customers.”​

They did it for their customers. So now you know.

source

Glad this came out like it did. I wouldn't want a guy who thinks of Bloomberg as a role model handling my credit card transactions even if they didn't ban gun and ammo sales. :NO:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used INTUIT and liked it. Have since gone out of business and dropped INTUIT. Hadn't heard about their 'anti-firearm' policy. IF true, would have dropped them even though we had no firearms sales during use of INTUIT. Will not support those who oppose my rights.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you guys heard about PistolPay?

Copied from the pistolpay website, fee seems a little expensive to me

"Credit and Debit Card Transactions:
For transactions involving payments made using a buyer’s Credit Card or Debit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express based payments), Pistol Pay will charge the buyer 2.7% of the transaction value, and will charge the seller 2.7% of the transaction value."

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Copied from the pistolpay website, fee seems a little expensive to me

"Credit and Debit Card Transactions:
For transactions involving payments made using a buyer’s Credit Card or Debit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express based payments), Pistol Pay will charge the buyer 2.7% of the transaction value, and will charge the seller 2.7% of the transaction value."

It does seem high for a transaction between two private parties but they are offering a service. According to the FAQ they are working on ACH transfers that will lower the costs even further. I haven't a clue what they charge for actual merchant accounts but I image they couldn't be too far out of line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom