State Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have, many times in the past, Sams does it too. I dont darken their door anymore.

Sam's isn't Walmart (not counting ownership) and they stop everyone. Costco does it too, I know, but hey, you signed the membership agreement allowing them to do it. But I never hardly even see a greeter at the Memorial store, when I do they never ask for a receipt. Must be you... lol

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Disagree . restricts state power by narrowing the circumstances they can legislate or regulate .

This amendment guarantees the state the power to legislate anything it can label a compelling state interest. It does not define what a compelling state interest is, ergo, no state power in existence or proposed is narrowed. It is an open-ended creation.

At least my vote will cancel yours.

Woody

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you would vote against alcohol in grocery stores. I'm a Florida native so this law make's zero sense to me. It's an archaic law from back when women couldn't vote and blacks were segregated. What's next? Can't buy Condoms on sunday?

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any time you increase competition there will be winners and losers. Competition is the American way.
Right now, liquor stores have a government enforced monopoly on sales of strong beer and wine.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any time you increase competition there will be winners and losers. Competition is the American way.
Right now, liquor stores have a government enforced monopoly on sales of strong beer and wine.
Except the govt. regulation this SQ entails will actually decrease competition. We need a law that will allow grocery store sales, while not regulating distribution, and this SQ doesn't do that.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right now, liquor stores have a government enforced monopoly on sales of strong beer an
d wine.

Problem is you're just tipping the scales in the favor of Walmart. They would have no hourly restrictions on sales, whereas a liquor store would. They can also have anyone under 21 in their store, liquor store cannot. They will allow liquor stores to sell ancillary products but limit their total sales. Walmart and others.... nope.

The problem with this law is that it was bought and paid for by Walmart, Reasors, and QT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom