Steel Ammo- Tula

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All outdoor ranges AFAIK. 2A allows tula. I shoot almost exclusively steel ammo in everything I own. Never had any problems with steel cased ammo. It is a little dirty but thats what breakfree is for. :thumb:

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the military surplus ammo from the 1930's through the 1970's I'm shooting through my rifles, and all the Winchester 231 I'm burning through my 9mm and 45, I can't remember what a clean burning ammo is like.

spacepiggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some at WM last week, but it was banned by the local indoor. The bullet jacket is magnetic so I wasn't allowed to shoot it.

But some I'd bought earlier in the year was not magnetic. Emailed TulAmmo, they replied the FMJ is now an alloy of copper, steel and zink. They must be running out of AC copper and looking for a cheaper jacket. Enough steel to make really cool sparks!

So I guess I'll just take it outside later for fresh air practice.

Sooo...I picked up the cheapest box of ammo I could find at Wal Mart on my way to the range... Tula .40 S&W. The box said "steel case", which is no big deal- But then when I got to the indoor range they put a magnet up to the bullet and it was steel as well. Probably just the jacket, but still... Anyone know of an outdoor range in or near OKC that I can go to?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Tula and Wolf for matches and outdoor plinking. Pick the cases up with a magnet. Never had any breakdowns or appreciable wear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom