Super Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got called a "super Owner" by MSN, sort of makes me proud.

Despite steep declines in violent crimes, an estimated 70 million firearms were added to American arsenals the past two decades, according to a new landmark study on gun ownership.

Overall, Americans own an estimated 265 million guns – more than one gun for every American adult, according to the study by researchers at Harvard and Northeastern universities. Half of those guns – 133 million – were in the hands of just 3% of American adults, so-called “super owners” who possessed an average of 17 guns each, it showed.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/3p...on-guns/ar-BBwvGSY?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Gun owners tend to be white, conservative, and live in rural area's" How frickin' biased could you be! How about listing who or where most violent crime exists!?! Is anyone even stupid enough to buy this crap?

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a subtle ploy to undermine the notion that guns are so widespread, the proverbial cat is out of the bag, so extra regulation won't has as much effect as the government might think.

Also, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I don't think gun related suicides should be examined the same way. Yes, the effects will likely have more widespread consequences than just you (family, friends, etc), but that's in a totally different league than being killed by someone with a gun.

I also think it's funny that they like to point out that your odds for needing a gun for self defense are over estimated in your head. Guess what, these are nearly the same odds as a gun being used on YOU. It's just two sides of looking at the same coin to support the side you want.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is a rerun of a tactic the anti-gun ilk has tried before. They are trying to discount the total number of gun owners to fit their narrative that a few people own (a lot of) guns and to demonize the folks as the “crazy ammo-sexuals” that do.

That said, this study is relying on tapioca data from an “unpublished” article from an on-line survey (WTF?) to sell the liberal wet dream of gun control. Gun ownership is likely touching 30% to maybe as high as 38% of the population. And yes … there are many within that group that have more than 17 guns before they were into guns.

Another statement from this report was that there were 300k-600k guns “stolen” each year. That number runs counter to what BJS/BATF say are stolen.

Another rerun of more anti-gun nonsense. Expect anti-gun liberals to quote this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom