Surging home insurance costs could force families to leave these 10 states (OK is one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the report i referenced is about the rate of increase for ALL ITEMS together, not individual items.
I couldn’t find any BLS report stating the monthly or annual inflation/CPI was > than 9% for all items. Some reports do break them down by item, but I think when people compare inflation historically, it’s inclusive of all items.

If there is such a BLS report showing Inflation >10% for all items, would be great because it would put Biden in a negative light. I looked & couldn’t find one.

So in YOUR link, you can break out specific categories of "inflation." The items I quoted were literally in your link on the graph as it's an interactive graph. TO highlight, click on each individual item and the graph will show a graph line for that respective item.

Of course..... then there's the fact that CPI data is really garbage anyways.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/perian...ion-dont-bother-with-the-cpi/?sh=284834de200b

Last edited:

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the covid BS, everything has had any reason to spike in price. If I was a conspiracy man, I'd wonder if they knew economic issues would come and the covid BS was to cover it, but I honestly don't think the government knows what it is doing. Sure they know they are devaluing the currency by printing it left and right and giving it to people who don't work for it, but I don't think they actually have any clue how it is going to all pan out. Dollars aren't worth what they once were, go out and buy something and that will be obvious real fast. Combine that with an "any excuse will do" reason to always raised prices and never drop them and we have the mess that is our economy. The actual dollars it takes to buy anything of actual tangible value has gone up significantly int he last 4 years.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I call BS on any argument that inflation hasn't been crazy. Groceries, utilities and insurance have jumped stupid amounts. I'm not buying the 9% spike one year and then 3-5%.

The cost for my roof, as one example, is a little over 2x what it was about 4 years ago.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I call BS on any argument that inflation hasn't been crazy. Groceries, utilities and insurance have jumped stupid amounts. I'm not buying the 9% spike one year and then 3-5%.

The cost for my roof, as one example, is a little over 2x what it was about 4 years ago.
When I had a new roof put on our house back 18 it cost State Farm almost 20% of what i paid for my home back in 2009.. They actually refunded me about 1k in ins premium as it renewed the previous month, as I had impact resistant shingles installed. Now is gone up over $1200 sine then though.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So in YOUR link, you can break out specific categories of "inflation." The items I quoted were literally in your link on the graph as it's an interactive graph. TO highlight, click on each individual item and the graph will show a graph line for that respective item.

Of course..... then there's the fact that CPI data is really garbage anyways.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/perian...ion-dont-bother-with-the-cpi/?sh=284834de200b
My link is from the BLS govt website. (Its the only govt website I could find.) This is where the inflation & US economy numbers are found. Yes of course you can look at each category separately, because it’s a comprehensive website. But I wasn’t looking for separate categories, although I did see them there. I was searching for the inflation rates per month & year for ALL categories combined as data for my post, & that’s what the govt website had. So I posted those numbers.
I could have posted a different area of the govt website showing inflation rates for specific categories , but I wasn’t looking for that type of data.
Why would I cite specific categories from the website if it wasn’t germane to my post??

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the report i referenced is about the rate of increase for ALL ITEMS together, not individual items.
I couldn’t find any BLS report stating the monthly or annual inflation/CPI was > than 9% for all items. Some reports do break them down by item, but I think when people compare inflation historically, it’s inclusive of all items.

If there is such a BLS report showing Inflation >10% for all items, would be great because it would put Biden in a negative light. I looked & couldn’t find one.
How are they calculating “all” items? A simple average is wrong. If calculating all items, each item must be weighted based on the spend for each item and that will be different for each buyer.

SO if you go by your own link....... several items have recently compromised 10%.

Food @ home 13.5%
Energy @ 41%
Electricity @ 15%
Food @ 11.4%
Gasoline 58.1%
New Vehicles ~13%
The items listed here probably should weight the highest since these are probably what the average person spends the most money.

And it just makes sense. The higher demand for something, the faster the prices will rise due to that demand. Food and and a place to live are in high demand, so the rate of increase will be higher. And there is a limited supply, which again will cause prices to rise faster.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are they calculating “all” items? A simple average is wrong. If calculating all items, each item must be weighted based on the spend for each item and that will be different for each buyer.

The items listed here probably should weight the highest since these are probably what the average person spends the most money.

And it just makes sense. The higher demand for something, the faster the prices will rise due to that demand. Food and and a place to live are in high demand, so the rate of increase will be higher. And there is a limited supply, which again will cause prices to rise faster.
Beats me, I don’t know the govt methodology. I just clicked on “all items” and got the graph & posted it.
Regardless, these are the reported govt numbers that people go to for inflation rates. The historical numbers show Trump at 1.6% inflation in 2020 & under Biden, inflation jumped to 9.1%. These are the govt numbers that are reported & they are damning for Biden. So, I’m glad about that.

Again, if anyone has inflation rates for all categories that show higher %’s, that would be great.

Interesting stuff.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2783.jpeg
Here’s another example of the inflation rate from 2020 to present from statista (not govt website). Same graph as my previous graph from BLS. So, it looks like this is the standard metric that's being used & reported on for inflation & CPI. As long as the same standard is used among all administrations, I’m ok with that. When even the govt says trump had less inflation then Biden,it’s a good thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom