Tesla has received 325,000 preorders for the Model 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are really nice looking cars, I'll give him that. But if he would put a freaking ENGINE in them!...He'd sell a billion of them. But he's gotta be one of the special snowflakes that thinks humans can "Save" themselves. What a waste.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are really nice looking cars, I'll give him that. But if he would put a freaking ENGINE in them!...He'd sell a billion of them. But he's gotta be one of the special snowflakes that thinks humans can "Save" themselves. What a waste.
No kidding, make a body style like a Lamborghini, put a Briggs engine in it with the sound system of the V12 for the public to hear, and it would sell just for the looks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That isn't totally accurate, and the system is steadily moving in a direction that will support non-fossil-fuel electric. Tesla is a direct contributor to this change.
The base load of electricity in the United States is generated by coal plants.
Tesla isn't doing crap to promote anything other than their profits. Their 300.000 cars is not one lump of coal into a boiler in the grand scheme of electrical generation.
The 1150 Megawatt coal plant I retired from produced more electricity in one day than a million tesla's can use in many years.
They have a concept. Volt has a concept. The volt has been a major failure for profits. People need/want engines.
Maybe that will change down the road, but in reality its not going to change any time soon.
We like our SUV's. we like our big Pick em up trucks, we Like big engines. We have oil.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The base load of electricity in the United States is generated by coal plants.
Tesla isn't doing crap to promote anything other than their profits. Their 300.000 cars is not one lump of coal into a boiler in the grand scheme of electrical generation.
The 1150 Megawatt coal plant I retired from produced more electricity in one day than a million tesla's can use in many years.
They have a concept. Volt has a concept. The volt has been a major failure for profits. People need/want engines.
Maybe that will change down the road, but in reality its not going to change any time soon.
We like our SUV's. we like our big Pick em up trucks, we Like big engines. We have oil.
I don't want or need an engine in my Tesla. Seriously, anyone who daily drives a car to work would love to have one. If you can get anything even reasonably close to it for $35k, it will take over the market. All other car sales will cease. Light trucks are a different matter, but if they sold one that would do what I do with my truck, I wouldn't want a diesel anymore.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember when NG prices went through the roof? Coal carried the nation.

You mean in 2008-2009? https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/rngwhhdm.htm

Coal usage dropped and natural gas usage increased.

And what war on coal? The drop in market cap by coal extraction companies is largely due to Australian coal being much cheaper to produce and for China to import, as well as lower global demand for coal. Most of the regulations hindering the American coal industry have been in place for decades, with some even coming during the Bush II administration.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want or need an engine in my Tesla. Seriously, anyone who daily drives a car to work would love to have one. If you can get anything even reasonably close to it for $35k, it will take over the market. All other car sales will cease. Light trucks are a different matter, but if they sold one that would do what I do with my truck, I wouldn't want a diesel anymore.
That's you. The American public doesn't want an electric vehicle because they can't drive across the US with one. The people that fell into the NG thing found that they have to design their trips around refueling stations, and not points of interest. They just aren't there yet.
Nobody is going to sit at a charging station on vacation for hours while the thing recharges, and what is the cost of replacing batteries? I know what it is currently, and for that reason alone, nobody wants electric. That is their downfall and it will always be until they find cheaper batteries.

You mean in 2008-2009? https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/rngwhhdm.htm

Coal usage dropped and natural gas usage increased.

And what war on coal? The drop in market cap by coal extraction companies is largely due to Australian coal being much cheaper to produce and for China to import, as well as lower global demand for coal. Most of the regulations hindering the American coal industry have been in place for decades, with some even coming during the Bush II administration.
Its the EPA war on coal if your not up to date led by obummer. Part of his platform during the elections. Even the liberal media reports on it.
All of the Ok power plants are gearing up to put in scrubbers because of that and your utilities are going up in the neighborhood of 40% if that happens. OGE is on hold at this time to proceed with the scrubbers pending the OCC decision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom