Tesla has received 325,000 preorders for the Model 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
all the attention has been Tesla when the actual self driving car technology leader has all but invisible. think 1.6 million miles google self driving cars taking pictures for google maps already logged in states that approve self driving cars.

sure seems accidents with google self driving cars are all but non-existent and/or google has quickly settled damages with non-disclosures and it never makes it into the news. (think big brother)

only recently has google self driving technology been in the news when it's CTO left google to parts unknown.

Last edited:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google, Tesla, Uber, Lyft (partnered with GM), are all in the game right now. If rumors about the Apple car are close to true, it's in there too.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here we go again .. this could be good or bad for Tesla since power city is trying to break into entire solar roof replacement.

this technology has the potential to disrupt economics for ALL large scale stationary battery storage costs.

image below is from Harvard research, but comments below are mine posted in my LiFePO4 battery thread on Advrider. which is still the world's largest database for 12v motorcycle LiFePO4 batteries. for proof, google: LiFePO4 motorcycle battery .. my thread will be one of the first unpaid results.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...ithium-iron-phosphate-lifepo4.757934/page-105

=============

here's an interesting technology that's decades old but finding new life due it's ability to scale/low costs and of course needs from the demand side from ever growing solar/wind installations.

what's different are discoveries using organic compounds found in rubarb and waste oils. this type battery cannot catch fire and would be safe and clean.

if the latest version replacing toxic bromine with harmless ferrocyanide is successful. costs could reach $100 per kilowatt hour, which could be low enough to disrupt economics for energy storage.

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all the attention has been Tesla when the actual self driving car technology leader has all but invisible. think of all the millions and millions of miles google self driving cars taking pictures for google maps has already logged in all over USA and the world.

sure seems accidents with google self driving cars are all but non-existent and/or google has quickly settled damages with non-disclosures and it never makes it into the news. (think big brother)

only recently has google self driving technology been in the news when it's CTO left google to parts unknown.

Part of this too I think is because Google isn't letting the general public use (and MISUSE) their self driving tech. All of Google stuff, AFAIK, is still more tightly controlled.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Part of this too I think is because Google isn't letting the general public use (and MISUSE) their self driving tech. All of Google stuff, AFAIK, is still more tightly controlled.

IMHO reason is Google's mission is to map ALL roads for the entire world. selling their self driving technologies is not on their radar yet.
mapping ALL roads and taking pictures of EVERYONE's home without permission could be interpreted as big brother. evidently Google has decided stealth mode is better.

not too many places left within USA that you cannot find on Google maps.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reports: Tesla Model S bursts into flames during test drive in France
image.mlive.com_home_mlive_media_width620_img_auto_impact_photo_17459185_mmmain.jpg

on August 16, 2016

A Tesla Model S spontaneously burst into flames in Monday while on a test drive in France, according to French media reports.

The car was being driven by a couple and a representative of Tesla as part of an event hosted by the California electric carmaker. The Model S sedan was cruising on the boulevard d'Aritxague in Bayonne in the southwest of France when the incident occurred.

The driver of the car told French media outlet Sud Ouest that after a little acceleration there was a warning noise in the car, at which point the Tesla host told the driver to pull over so she could call Tesla about the issue before continuing the test drive.

The trio then saw white smoke, and exited the vehicle. The driver, identified only as Nicolas, said the car was engulfed in flames in less than a minute and totally destroyed within five minutes. No one was injured.

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2016/08/reports_tesla_model_s_bursts_i.html

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all the attention has been Tesla when the actual self driving car technology leader has all but invisible. think of all the millions and millions of miles google self driving cars taking pictures for google maps has already logged in all over USA and the world.

I really don't see how that is possible since they are only legal in just 7 or 8 states right now. Those mapping miles are not from self driving cars. If you have something that says otherwise I'd be interested in seeing it.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't see how that is possible since they are only legal in just 7 or 8 states right now. Those mapping miles are not from self driving cars. If you have something that says otherwise I'd be interested in seeing it.

thanks for the correction ... Google self driving cars have now put in about 1.6 million miles .. earlier self driving cars had a human riding along as a backup, don't know if those miles were counted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom