The only woman I could ever love without reservation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have seen them all. And most was once and never again. San Fran was one of the first on the list of once and never again, then Chicago when at Rantoul AFB. New York was Ok, we did it twice, never again.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have seen them all. And most was once and never again. San Fran was one of the first on the list of once and never again, then Chicago when at Rantoul AFB. New York was Ok, we did it twice, never again.
I hate cities. all of them. but there is one American city everyone should visit once, plan it out and spend a week or so there's that much to see. Washington DC.

Not to be missed is the Arlington National Cemetery, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and the changing of the guard. I was honored to attend the interment of an old friend including the transport by Casson and 21 gun salute..

Then the monuments on the Mall. The Viet Nam memorial is, I dont have a word for it, maybe humbling. The designer got it right, Viet Nam was just a big, black mark on America. A waste of life and treasure.

Dont miss the home of the greatest American, George Washington in Mt. Vernon.

At the top on my list is The National Cathedral, the last Gothic Cathedral to be built, and sits on a hill overlooking everything. Take the tour. Then the museums. If you plan ahead you can get a tour of the Capitol, free.

God Bless America.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are very few places I've actually dreamed of going to -- the Smithsonian is at the top of that list. Thing is, if I went, I could spend the rest of my life in there. And I thought that back same thing (spending the rest of my life just wandering around the museum) in my 20s. Lol

Can you imagine actually getting to WORK there?? 😳😳 How cool!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are very few places I've actually dreamed of going to -- the Smithsonian is at the top of that list. Thing is, if I went, I could spend the rest of my life in there. And I thought that back same thing (spending the rest of my life just wandering around the museum) in my 20s. Lol

As extensive as the Smithsonian is, working there would be the ideal way to have time to see everything. When I went to see it while stationed in Virginia for a few weeks, I toured DC and the museum. They said that if one spent one minute on each display, one would be there in the museum for an ungodly length of time.

And, they have a lot more stored away waiting to be displayed at some point.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I went to one of them in 2018. It was awesome. There are 4 or 5 buildings and 21 museums. You could spend spend a week there. It was a fascination place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom