The Ruger® SR-762™

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Buddy of mine got one last week and I got to shoot it Friday.

I had my DPMS LR308 out with it.

After shooting the Ruger, I was looking at the DPMS and trying to figure a price tag to put on it.
Admittedly, the DPMS has a MUCH heavier barrel on it, plus a bipod and a scope, but it is REALLY heavy.
The Ruger is a bit heavy, but no where near the weight of the DPMS.

The Ruger was a dream to shoot.

Just the night before the shoot I was looking at the SIG that WalMart had in their case. Picked it up and thought, heavy but not too heavy especially for a 308. I made the comment that it was probably a b!tch to shoot as I didn't think the weight would compensate for the recoil.

I was wrong. At least about the Ruger.

It was sweet. Really nice.

I'm not sure I'd want to sling the Ruger over my shoulder and hump the boonies with it instead of a lighter 223, but I don't think I have to worry about that.

Dave

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to hear. My only concern would be after it has some rounds through it and getting things hot at a class. Stuff tends to not work well once it's worn, dirty and HOT. The M16/M4 family of weapons has largely had all of the kinks worked out of it at this point and, when manufacturers stick to the TDP, this can also be true of commercially available guns.

This is a whole new system and I'm certain there will be teething issues. I hope Ruger built this one to go well above and beyond the pathetic number of rounds that the 'average' gun owner shoots each year.

Ek

Latest posts

Top Bottom