Thinking about getting some body armor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer john

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy who has several survival armor brand vests. They are all soft body armor level II and manufactured 2013. Would these be of any value to anyone? It seems that they are expired, but some sort of protection would be offered, I would imagine. Is there a market for these sort of things? If so, what would they be worth? Apparently are all are in new condition, stored in garbage bags.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy who has several survival armor brand vests. They are all soft body armor level II and manufactured 2013. Would these be of any value to anyone? It seems that they are expired, but some sort of protection would be offered, I would imagine. Is there a market for these sort of things? If so, what would they be worth? Apparently are all are in new condition, stored in garbage bags.
Used and “ expired” soft vests always have value.. i dont think ive ever seen a test of an “ expired” vest that failed with a rated caliber. I have one i bought at a surplus store. Level 2 stops most common pistol calibers. ( bear in mind the manufacturer wants agencies to buy new vests every few years, they also dont want to be on the hook for a ten plus year old vest thats been bunched up, sweated in daily, etc- if it fails) its worth what folks will pay- er i mean 50$..

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idk, are you going to wear it to the grocery store?
Wear it all day long?
Sit at home wearing armor waiting for a door kicker?
I mean I have armor but how likely is it you are going to be wearing it when you get caught in any situation that you really need it unless you instigate the situation.
Probably less than 5%.
Then you're going to need a full kit, not just a set of plates.
If you just want a set to hang in the closet, then by all means get a set. Just Don't think you are going to be running and gunning if you buy HEAVY AR500 plates.

My 2¢

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they have value. Stored indoors and in a garbage bag. Should be A+

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idk, are you going to wear it to the grocery store?
Wear it all day long?
Sit at home wearing armor waiting for a door kicker?
I mean I have armor but how likely is it you are going to be wearing it when you get caught in any situation that you really need it unless you instigate the situation.

You can’t defend your house from your mailbox.
In the kind of situations being discussed here, I intend to do a lot of instigating.

Latest posts

Top Bottom