Tulsa PD shoots unarmed black man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which would be a political motivation and require Kunzweiler to recuse himself. This is still the United States of America, where justice is blind and we don't prosecute people on political motivations.

Some people around here find that acceptable, I don't. Two wrongs don't make a right and this smells wrong. Her attorney now has a good case for having the trial moved out of Tulsa County and a different prosecutor appointed. In his haste, Kunzweiler has been reckless and subjorned justice to expediency. We don't need a reckless prosecutor any more than we needed a do nothing prosecutor like his predecessor. :(
Your comments about the Baltimore prosecutions about Freddie Grey were spot on. This idiot is trying the same technique to quell the proposed riots, and it will bite him/her in the a$$. I don't live there and don't know the gender of the prosecutor, but I'd bet a big D is behind the name when it appears on a ballot.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big bad assed grown men that have been trained to be killers have shed a tear after an action. That's not an unusual reaction.
I don't think it is. Difference is I feel sympathy for the emotions of those who have to kill, none for those who accidentally kill and thought themselves qualified to point loaded guns at citizens on a weekly basis.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were in her place I probably would have done exactly the same thing she did and I believe that is what most cops are trained to do. If you are aiming your weapon at someone and screaming not to move and they reach inside their car you have to take the shot. Handguns are poor stoppers and you're probably going to get shot by the perp anyway even if you do shoot him, most guys don't go down so fast as that big guy did. Guess it's good I'm not a cop, I wouldn't want the stress. This world is so crazy, I kinda wonder what's next.... is our military going to start using tasers instead of rifles?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it is. Difference is I feel sympathy for the emotions of those who have to kill, none for those who accidentally kill and thought themselves qualified to point loaded guns at citizens on a weekly basis.
I've seen some stats where the majority of LEO have never drawn their gun much less shot anybody. Its not even the most dangerous job in the country in stats from a few years ago, but I'd suspect its came up the ladder since then.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were in her place I probably would have done exactly the same thing she did and I believe that is what most cops are trained to do. If you are aiming your weapon at someone and screaming not to move and they reach inside their car you have to take the shot. Handguns are poor stoppers and you're probably going to get shot by the perp anyway even if you do shoot him, most guys don't go down so fast as that big guy did. Guess it's good I'm not a cop, I wouldn't want the stress. This world is so crazy, I kinda wonder what's next.... is our military going to start using tasers instead of rifles?
There are training scenario's that show a person that has a gun pointed at another person with a gun at their side will loose the gunfight if the person with the gun at their side makes the first decision to shoot. The person with the gun pointed at the perp has to process the movement, and make a decision to shoot. A decision the other person has already made.
Most times the person with the gun at their side will win the gunfight for the first shot.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which would be a political motivation and require Kunzweiler to recuse himself. This is still the United States of America, where justice is blind and we don't prosecute people on political motivations.

Some people around here find that acceptable, I don't. Two wrongs don't make a right and this smells wrong. Her attorney now has a good case for having the trial moved out of Tulsa County and a different prosecutor appointed. In his haste, Kunzweiler has been reckless and subjorned justice to expediency. We don't need a reckless prosecutor any more than we needed a do nothing prosecutor like his predecessor. :(

Your comments about the Baltimore prosecutions about Freddie Grey were spot on. This idiot is trying the same technique to quell the proposed riots, and it will bite him/her in the a$$. I don't live there and don't know the gender of the prosecutor, but I'd bet a big D is behind the name when it appears on a ballot.

They definitely Marilyn Moseby'd this cop! And I find it alarming that a lot of people are perfectly okay with it. I've seen it argued online that "well they can always drop the charges, it's better to snuff out these riots". SMDH...

Latest posts

Top Bottom