Tulsa PD shoots unarmed black man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is the video where she accidentally shot him on video.

Or is the 'one shot, awkwardly wait 13 seconds for threat to fall, retreat behind cover to cry' standard training since 2011? She without a doubt took a little to much slack from that trigger.

Racism aspect should be dropped in lieu of focusing how grossly incompetent she was with a firearm. Should have stuck to what she was an expert in - "drug recognition". Lawl.
But you have to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt. Her statement is different and I'll bet her defense will be qualified immunity. You know, the same immunity Kunzweiler would assert were he to be charged with reckless prosecution.

BTW, the investigator on the case is pissed, because he hasn't even prepared his case report and Kunzweiler has already determined the course of action. This publicly undermines the DA's confidence in the department and now we're going to be in full blown adversarial mode. Guess we'll eventually be in for yet another vote of on confidence in the DA. :(

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They definitely Marilyn Moseby'd this cop! And I find it alarming that a lot of people are perfectly okay with it. I've seen it argued online that "well they can always drop the charges, it's better to snuff out these riots". SMDH...
Aren't more charges dropped than stick? And we damn well know most of the ones that aren't take a plea for a lesser charge.

Nothing that doesn't happen every day for folks that don't have badges.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aren't more charges dropped than stick? And we damn well know most of the ones that aren't take a plea for a lesser charge.

were the charges dropped because there was no reason to go forward? I'll be upfront in saying I suspect every cop shooting as a citizen should. That's our duty to keep them in check.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Qualified immunity is a defense in a criminal case?
Good question and the answer is no. It would only apply in a civil suit. Further, the DA would assert absolute immunity, not qualified.

Still, she will likely assert that the shooting was justified and Kunzweiler has already committed himself publicly that she was not in control of her emotions and shot him out of unreasonable fear. It's his burden to prove and I don't think he has any interest in a plea agreement. This is going to get very ugly before its all over. Far uglier than the TCSO scandal.

I feel very conflicted in arguing that she's likely guilty of his wrongful death, while simultaneously attacking the process utilized to prosecute the case. I also find it disconcerting that you're arguing the DA's side, when under just about any other circumstances, you'd be siding with the defense. :confused:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also find it disconcerting that you're arguing the DA's side, when under just about any other circumstances, you'd be siding with the defense. :confused:

What an assumption! Ha. I'm not siding with the prosecution; I'm taking personal pleasure in seeing an idiot get the (tip of the) shaft. I personally believe TPD is one of the better police departments of its size in the US and all of my interactions with TPD officers have been great. I hope they don't become associated with one idiot who can't keep her finger outside the little polymer loop. Let her take the beating she deserves.

Also, it won't get uglier than the TCSO deal. Just like you were wrong on the imaginary bussing, you're wrong here. She will get convicted or she won't and people will have moved on to the next outrage. This is essentially over. Probably be a similar shooting a couple hundred miles away by Sunday in a town more divided than Tulsa.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If more are dropped than stick something is very wrong. And plea deals are another pet peeve of mine. Bring charges and prosecute your case or don't. Prosecutors are far too comfortable using the justice system as a tool of intimidation to pad their resume, but that's a whole 'nuther thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the court system. I drive sober, refuse to get married, and keep my steel in my leather if possible just to stay away from that mess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your comments about the Baltimore prosecutions about Freddie Grey were spot on. This idiot is trying the same technique to quell the proposed riots, and it will bite him/her in the a$$. I don't live there and don't know the gender of the prosecutor, but I'd bet a big D is behind the name when it appears on a ballot.

(CNN)Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby is going from prosecutor to civil defendant in connection with the case of the death of Freddie Gray.

"Marilyn Mosby's comments in her press conference today confirm that the charges brought against my clients, Sgt. Alicia White and Officer William Porter, as well as the other four officers, were politically motivated and not supported by evidence to establish probable cause," Michael E. Glass said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/us/baltimore-marilyn-mosby-officer-lawsuits-freddie-gray/

s1.ibtimes.com_sites_www.ibtimes.com_files_styles_lg_public_2015_07_12_rtx1b4e3.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What an assumption! Ha. I'm not siding with the prosecution; I'm taking personal pleasure in seeing an idiot get the (tip of the) shaft. I personally believe TPD is one of the better police departments of its size in the US and all of my interactions with TPD officers have been great. I hope they don't become associated with one idiot who can't keep her finger outside the little polymer loop. Let her take the beating she deserves.

Also, it won't get uglier than the TCSO deal. Just like you were wrong on the imaginary bussing, you're wrong here. She will get convicted or she won't and people will have moved on to the next outrage. This is essentially over. Probably be a similar shooting a couple hundred miles away by Sunday in a town more divided than Tulsa.
The bussing wasn't my report. It was somebody else who stated that. My reply was just that, a reply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom