Turkish Mauser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently finished a gun project and was looking for a new one. I acquired a turkish Mauser and thought it would be my next rebuild but it’s so bad. I read a lot of horror stories about the turkish mausers but figured I could handle it. It is so much worst than I thought it would be. I got it taken down all the way to the last two screws and now my motivation for it is gone. I want to call it a parts rifle and move on but it’s currently not really good for that. If I quit on it then I take a lose.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a few guys that have taken deer with the old Turks including my late brother-N-law. They can be OK rifles as long as the bore and headspacing are good.

silverarrow

Marksman
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Turkish Mausers as RickN stated , as long as the bore and headspace is fine. What model is it ? You want to sell it ? What exactly is wrong with it ?

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Turkish Mausers as RickN stated , as long as the bore and headspace is fine. What model is it ? You want to sell it ? What exactly is wrong with it ?
I finished repairs and sold it already.
Before and after reblue.

Attachments

• IMG_9406.jpeg
    IMG_9406.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9405.jpeg
    IMG_9405.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There wasn't really anything wrong with it. It shot decent for me. It just didn't look good. It had patina on the outside and inside, but the rifling was still good in my opinion. I just never took it out any or did anything with it.
I'm actually surprised he didn't keep it longer than 3 days and play around with it more.

But it was his to do with what he wanted to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom