U.S. Navy to Name Ship after Gay Activist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
never have. never have claimed to be.

I just hope that our military is strong enough to overcome this.
I know it may seem to be stupid, but esprit de corps is major thing in the military. I would venture to say more important that patriotism, when it gets real. You called it a job, which military service is not, just a job. People who just go to work in the military do not make it, and get other people killed. I do not care what they name a boat, plane, or tank, provided it does not damage a units esprit de corps.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On this issue, the opinion of veterans counts for a lot more than that of non-veterans. Putting social reform ahead of the defense of the the country and it's interests is poor judgement to say the least........(I am not a veteran)

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is struggling with this lifestyle choice what made you the way you are?

Says the mayor of Brokeback Mountain as he lisps the Village People’s “In The Navy” while dreaming about serving the brave “semen” on the USS Milk.

Actually if I were to choose a lifestyle I would not take the path of the Hershey Highway like you and Milk. I would sign up to be a flaming hot lesbian. But that has a downside ... I might run into you and your partner while using the ladies restrooms at Target.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look, to some of us, it obviously is an issue. US Naval Ships have traditionally been named for former Presidents, for military heroes, famous historical battles. Not for some gay activist. Name a street in San Francisco for him, fine. But NOT for being gay. How off track this country is getting with all this PC Crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to a report I heard awhile back, Atlanta Georgia has the most gay bars of any large city in the US.
Neil Borst was the source.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disdain for the values and opinions of traditional mainstream society drive these sorts of actions by our elites and fuel the resentment that propels Trump.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting point ... I never served so maybe a vet who did can answer this. Milk served in the Navy during the Korean War. My understanding is that he didn't go anywhere near Korea. Does that make him a Korean War veteran?

He would be a veteran of the Korean War Era.

Latest posts

Top Bottom