Winter windshield wiper blades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to replace my windshield wiper blades and was thinking about getting a winter specific blade for the upcoming season. Then I started reading about silicone wiper blades and wondered if anyone here had tried them out. If you can really get more than six months out of a pair, I might be willing to pay the higher cost. Specifically, PIAA silicone blades were mentioned when I was researching.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used premium RainX, Trico, and Bosch blades and none of them seem to last more than 6-8 months. I'm tired of having needing to replace them so often.

I'm a big believer in using RainX on my windshield to repel rain and make the bug juice less difficult to remove. I used to apply it by hand but now I just use the wiper fluid additive or pre-mixed wiper fluid.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I long for the red real rubber wipers from the 60's. Not only lasted for years as wipers, but made the best slingshot rubbers ever made.

I suspect wiper blade manufacturers don't use a lot of sun screen in their mix so they fail early.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wiper blades Ford put on my truck at the factory lasted about 18 months. Longest I've ever had a pair go before replacing them. Outside of that 6 months seems to be the norm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom