Burgers and fries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was on here or where I saw it but I thought it is funny.
The guy orders a bacon cheese burger and the cashier says we don't have a bacon cheese burger. We have a cheese burger with bacon. :)
I think my record is 8 days straight of eating a cheese burger every day.
I worked at a 4 star hotel that had a free employee cafeteria which was pretty much left overs from the fancy restaurants in the hotel. I was told if nothing looks good to you the lunch lady will make you a cheeseburger. Well hell, free endless cheeseburger! I didn't think I could ever get sick of cheeseburgers but boy, you can. There's only one thing I ever found I don't get sick of with repetition and that's...

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where at on Admiral? I'm always looking for good burger joints in Tulsa, I like Brownies on Harvard and Hanks by the traffic circle on Admiral. I wanted to try Claudes on Brookside but the last time I drove by there was a sign in the window so I think it folded. Don't know if Webers is stilling business either there was also an old school joint on Lewis north of 11th st but I think it folded too. Tulsa used to have about a dozen great mom and pop burger joints that were legendary. I recall when there was only one Ron's and it was tiny. Ive also never got around to trying Ike's Chili if it's still in business.
https://restaurantguru.com/Bills-Jumbo-Burgers-Tulsa
Take note, Bill's is cash only.

Ike's Chili is still in business, but I was disappointed that last time I went there. Maybe it was just an off day though.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y
Pretty sure those vile things are Rooster nuggets...

Yeah, I've never seen a nugget on a chicken. I think McDs nuggets along with breakfast cereals and sports/energy drinks, are the result of something gone awry in the laboratory while trying to find a cure for cancer or something.

Some scientist put in too much of "this" and not enough "that" so the formula was compromised. No problem! Just toss in a little sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup and yellow dye #5 then viola! You now have Gatorade, Monster, Fruity Pebbles and McDs chicken nuggets. :thumb:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y

Yeah, I've never seen a nugget on a chicken. I think McDs nuggets along with breakfast cereals and sports/energy drinks, are the result of something gone awry in the laboratory while trying to find a cure for cancer or something.

Some scientist put in too much of "this" and not enough "that" so the formula was compromised. No problem! Just toss in a little sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup and yellow dye #5 then viola! You now have Gatorade, Monster, Fruity Pebbles and McDs chicken nuggets. :thumb:
It's actually called an oyster and there are 2 on the back of a chicken.
1717690567177.png

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't feel gay, when I was in college I ate Ramen all the time....
Never tried ramen … even after sitting in college to get two graduate degrees until we were selling our house in Kailua a few years ago and I tried a place there. Didn’t think much of it. Then, we tried a place here in Edmond called Tamashii that was really good.

Few things compare to a good burger (or a good meatloaf). Just good comfort food.

While there are some decent restaurants… I found that I can make better at home. I can use meat that I know is quality and I can select the freshest buns (lightly buttered and broiled to a nice toasty crunch) and condiments to go with it. Found that McCormick’s “Smash Burger” seasoning works well. Will usually add some Wright’s Bacon with sweet onions (either sliced thin or sautéed). As to cooking, kind of prefer a flat iron vs over my grill.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never tried ramen … even after sitting in college to get two graduate degrees until we were selling our house in Kailua a few years ago and I tried a place there. Didn’t think much of it. Then, we tried a place here in Edmond called Tamashii that was really good.

Few things compare to a good burger (or a good meatloaf). Just good comfort food.

While there are some decent restaurants… I found that I can make better at home. I can use meat that I know is quality and I can select the freshest buns (lightly buttered and broiled to a nice toasty crunch) and condiments to go with it. Found that McCormick’s “Smash Burger” seasoning works well. Will usually add some Wright’s Bacon with sweet onions (either sliced thin or sautéed). As to cooking, kind of prefer a flat iron vs over my grill.

When I make burgers at home I always use Lipton onion soup mix. It's awesome!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Is that an invite?

Latest posts

Top Bottom