Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recommend taking an online boating class to learn different distances (various speeds) to stay away from others. Navagational rules. Etc.

Boat ramp etiquette.
1. Don't block the ramp while getting ready to launch or after loading out.
2. Use park lights after dark on the ramp so someone can safely back in beside you.
3. Don't block the ramp.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boat ramp hogs are my biggest issue. Get your stuff ready before pulling in line.
I require 2 minutes or less to get on and off the ramp if a driver is available.
If not available, another five minutes if all by myself.
Often thought of putting out a sign at boat ramps during holidays that I'll back in or take out your boat for $20. The later in the day, the more money I could make.
Holidays are for amatures. We stay off the water during that time, but making some bucks as well as videos could always be fun.
For the OP, check out the hazard buoy's and what they mean.
Our local lake has a couple of areas that a boat can run aground at normal lake levels.
It floods often so some of the buoys get washed away and the Corps of Engineers don't replace them very soon after they are gone.
Local boaters typically throw out a brick with a milk jug to mark the spot, which is illegal, but it stops unwanted groundings around one of the local hot spots with new boaters.
Talk to the marina to find out places to stay away from.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grandson is 5 and I showed him how to cast a spinning reel today.
He tried 2 different ones and did very well.

Got it out there pretty far in the back yard.
He was aiming at a rabbit.
Got close a couple times but other times it went on the roof or in a tree.
He's got game though.

More practice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom