Gardens 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You actually have your hole in the wrong place. If you are using 4" pipe, your hole should be 3" from the bottom. You want a 1" air gap to self prune the roots so the plant doesn't get root rot. You want about 30% around the pipe to allow wicking.

I re measured. The holes are at 3”. I will redo the soil next year and mix in the ProMix. See if that helps with the wicking.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is what i have went with, last year used plastic jugs and bottles, had fair results. this year 4" corrugated pipe.
did not like results last year. have not started watering with pipe yet, been getting to much rain. Will probably start this week using the fill pipe. I think the corrugated pipe will lead to better root structure

Corrugated is what we use. The French drain type with the holes or slits. I think we have figured out that Squash just doesn’t do good in them, it belongs on the ground. I am building a couple of large raised bed with concrete blocks for next year. We have had great success with the raised beds we went to some years ago.

It has been 15 years since we flat ground any garden. But are learning that some vegetables just don’t fare well in the tubs.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sheered them sheep and the Brown ring leader was done first! Brown one is the escape artist that ate our Strawberry Plants!!

View attachment 481368View attachment 481369
I used to make escape artists wear an escape proof yoke. They were pissed!

Three bolts with locking nuts and washers and three 30 inch pieces of PVC pipe.

1717121488382.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom