Just sharing why all snakes aren’t bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch1966

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did your heelers dispatch that snake or are they the bystanders/alarm systems?

Darn things freak me out with their nervous system That continues to live on even after you cut their head off and relocate it. I once picked up a headless copperhead to throw over the fence and give the carrion birds something to munch on and the dang thing flipped over and try to curl around my arm like a constrictor

Great looking pups btw !
Thanks.
The pup at the top of the photo found it and circled and barked while I retrieved my S&W 34.
He had the snaked riled up coiled with it's head and 1/3 of it's body off the ground about 15 inches.
They were on the woods side of a barb wire fence and I was on my lawn side.
I crouched down and beaned it with a short round right between the eyes at about 7 yds.
And I mean rag doll limp dead.
I never seen one turned "off" like that with a 22. They always twist and turn begging for more lead.
The red blood drop between the popped eyes is the entrance wound.

ek9YhVK.jpg

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kind of on the fence about snakes. Yes snakes control the rodent population, so do owls and hawks. But snakes also eat a lot of frogs that eat a lot of bugs, but bug zappers are good at that also. When I was younger the house on the farm had a creek 20 feet away from it. I went on a snake eradication program in that area and boy oh boy did the frog population explode.

Latest posts

Top Bottom