What do you guys and gals keep in your safe room/ fraidy hole?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatPaulie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Storm is over for us.
Inside the cellar, which is one of the 3/4 in ground, and 1/4 above ground contains a bucket with kitty litter, toilet paper, and air freshener.
Water, lawn chairs, snacks, candles flashlights, etc.
When we put the cellar in, we had to register it with the Osage County disaster management. They will do a drive by at every shelter registered to make sure a tree down isn't blocking those like us from getting out of the shelter.
Humans can last a long time without food or water. Typically 5 days without water and 20 some days without food according to reports from people shipwrecked, Pilots shot down and so on from 8 to over 20 days. People with some fat on them can last longer as the body feeds on itself to survive.
Everything we carry with us to the cellar is for convenience, not survival.
People know where we live. If there is a major incident like a tornado, they will come looking.
Good Information

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a mini beef stick, spam, Viana sausage- cheese cracker/peanut cracker guy- lots of water and a covered 5 gal to pee in -TP- my AR9 w 32 round mags and some 9mm ammo in ziplocks and plastic inside another plastic container. My side arm Sig 365 with a 17 round back up mag. jeans-long sleeve, tee shirts-socks- boots. Disposable wipes/3 cheapo little flashlights and a battery lantern. All of it fits on a high shelf at the back and above head dings. I have an El cheapo Whistler scanner w/weather and the main law is Canadian Co Sherriff, but I may have to have door open to work it. It's got to be dam bad and close to get inside though- hate that closed up feeling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom