IOR Scopes... opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm looking at picking up another scope for a new build. This time I'm looking at an IOR. I like the NF currently mounted, but really hear great things about the IOR.

A friend picked up an IOR and german glass is really great. From what I hear, these things are built like a tank! Literally! They are steel 35mm tubes. From my understanding you can lock on to your target in almost complete darkness :yelclap:

The price looks good at 300-400 less then the NF, solid rings are included, illuminated, and 35mm tube.

I do see where some of the older IOR's had some QC issues, but all appears to be resolved according to posts from the last few years.

Just wondering if any on here had used one or currently owns one.

Jesse

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did some research on them back when I was looking for a scope for my bolt gun, and I think I remember that the eye relief is kinda short comparatively. Other than that, I think they're great scopes that don't seem to get much lovin'.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I saw the eye relief, however it's within .25 inches of both NightForce on their 56mm, equal with the 50mm and right inline with others in the $1700 range. I don't really look higher or lower in price range as I try to compare equally priced scopes.

I have one on the way! I'll give a write up as soon as possible once I get it mounted. I'll compare it with a NF 5.5-22 50

J

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are supposed to have good glass but from reading on some other shooting websites their customer service and warranty work are very questionable and seems to take forever to get it done

Latest posts

Top Bottom