IZH-35M 22LR target pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the gunshow looking for a new 22 pistol and could'nt decide between a ruger mk lll, high standard and a buckmark when I came across this http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IZH-35M.jpg I had never seen one of these and knew nothing about it but I liked the unusual look of it, so I bought it for $350.00 it came with the original hard case, red dot scope with a removable weaver scope rail, 2 mags, tools, papers ect.. It is a very impressive pistol, It has a five way adjustable trigger,adjustable handgrips, fully adjustable front and rear sights,.
I took it out this mourning and put several hundered rnds through it, and could'nt be happier, it is a machine with a purpose.
I came home and started searching the internet to see what they are going for around the country, but I can't find one for sale anywhere.
Does anyone know anything about these?
How much are they worth?
Why aren't there any for sale out there, is it a rare find?:hey3:

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unlike alot of American made guns, the IZH which is Russian has an infinite number of trigger adjustments allowing you to fit the gun to your liking. I believe if you check into some of the free pistol matches you will see several of these guns pop up. I have an IZH air pistol which is one fine low dollar air gun that I shoot during the off season of Bullseye shooting. If you really want to get into shooting your IZH, come out the first Saturday of October to the OKC gun range and go through some bullseye training. It will get into the realm of shooting where a gun like this is used for. Bring 10.00 and around 2 to 3 hundred rounds of ammo and have fun.

Mark Thomas, Edmond Ok

PS checkout the Bullseye shooting disipline on the OCK gun club website

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The IZH-35 was quite popular when it first hit the bullseye community. It providedexcellent accuracy at a very affordable price. Workmanship in non-critical areas left something to be desired - a crude but very serviceable bullseye pistol when they soldfor the $350 range new. For $750 you can purchse a used S&W 41.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you really want to get into shooting your IZH, come out the first Saturday of October to the OKC gun range and go through some bullseye training. It will get into the realm of shooting where a gun like this is used for. Bring 10.00 and around 2 to 3 hundred rounds of ammo and have fun.

What he said. You need to bring that thing out October 2nd and see what it can really do. Im just getting into Bullseye and Im having a great time.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unlike alot of American made guns, the IZH which is Russian has an infinite number of trigger adjustments allowing you to fit the gun to your liking. I believe if you check into some of the free pistol matches you will see several of these guns pop up. I have an IZH air pistol which is one fine low dollar air gun that I shoot during the off season of Bullseye shooting. If you really want to get into shooting your IZH, come out the first Saturday of October to the OKC gun range and go through some bullseye training. It will get into the realm of shooting where a gun like this is used for. Bring 10.00 and around 2 to 3 hundred rounds of ammo and have fun.

Mark Thomas, Edmond Ok

Now that sounds like some fun! I'll see if I can make it happen, I'd like to get into some competitive shooting, in the military I was a designated marksman in a recon unit and I did very well in a couple of matches.
I found another one for sale for $1,095.00 at http://www.noosashooters.com/products.php?CatID=5#
Thanks for the info guys! I think I got pretty lucky on this deal, I would never have paid 700-1000 for a 22 pistol. So It does pay to go to the gun shows and check out the independent sellers with the small tables in the back of the building, there are still bargains to be had.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The IZH-35 was quite popular when it first hit the bullseye community. It providedexcellent accuracy at a very affordable price. Workmanship in non-critical areas left something to be desired - a crude but very serviceable bullseye pistol when they soldfor the $350 range new. For $750 you can purchse a used S&W 41.

I gotta agree with you there, nothing about this gun was meant to be pretty.
It is a beautiful gun from an engineering point of view though, it is designed purely for function. almost looks like something you would see laying around a machine shop

MilitaryBolt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one and in a Ransom Rest it will shoot 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards and it is insanely reliable. The only thing is it needs the to be cleaned after 300 rounds. The firing pin is a floating type and it will get gunked up after that.
Hope you can make it to the Bullseye Training or a Match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom