Tulsa selling confiscated guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It never made sense to me. What if they confiscated cash? Do they melt that down? What about the funds in bank accounts? Do they draw out that money and burn it? There's nothing illegal about guns. They are valuable property that is seized. Do they melt down cars that they seize? Obviously things like drugs have to be destroyed but valuable property being needlessly destroyed? It's idiotic.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It never made sense to me. What if they confiscated cash? Do they melt that down? What about the funds in bank accounts? Do they draw out that money and burn it? There's nothing illegal about guns. They are valuable property that is seized. Do they melt down cars that they seize? Obviously things like drugs have to be destroyed but valuable property being needlessly destroyed? It's idiotic.

You make a very good point and I agree. Its time people start thinking a little a realize we're throwing away cash here that could be saved and flipped around into actually making money for the city. Also I think all the money made off this idea should go straight to the Tulsa Police, no more layoffs!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if they confiscated cash? Do they melt that down? What about the funds in bank accounts? Do they draw out that money and burn it?

Stop it you're making too much sense. :ooh2: :laugh6:

I've talked with a lot of folks on both sides and the prevailing opinion is they should be selling at least some of these for funds.
Sure maybe the saturday night specials could be destroyed, but even some of them are collectible.
It wasn't that long ago we had auctions with the city selling them.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they have a deal with the Feds that prevents them from selling guns. IIIRC, they used to sell them to dealers at the Wannamacher's show. Or did I imagine that years ago?

Latest posts

Top Bottom