Boy Scout Troop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So - I've been thinking about doing some volunteering with a Boy Scout Troop - I spent my whole life in scouting - and at the age of 14 became an Eagle Scout - I have done Philmont and National Jamboree - I just want to give back a little.

Anyone got some info?

BTW - I'm only 28 so hopefully that doesn't deter anyone

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea - I'm safe on all that background checking also.....

I have no problem submitting to anything they want - I just remember all the fun that I had as a kid - and how I looked up to the adults - would be nice to go on campouts - tell some stories - and help kids grown into better men

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't blame them... But BSA does some pretty invasive background checks on all adults (including parents) screening for pedopliles.

And I'm dang glad they do. But only on adults who volunteer or who have contact with the boys.

BSA was the first youth organization to deal with this instead of sweeping in under the rug and acting like it didn't happen.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know - I miss that honestly - and to have the ability to pass that along I feel is priceless - I have sent emails out lets see what kind of response I get

Thanks OLDFART

Latest posts

Top Bottom