Any open to public tactical style ranges around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like it says i'm wondering if there are any ranges around OKC, open to the public, that have tactical application courses (room clearing shoot houses, tac run and gun course, etc). I would like a place to keep up my skills and i have a few friends in security and such that have asked if i would cross train them in a few military gun handling and MOUT tactics.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Due to safety precautions its hard to find people that will let you train in a shoot house without an instructor. Which means its hard to do that without putting up some $$$ every time you go out. We have a shoot house and offer courses in it but its not open for members to just go in and practice. Im not sure if thats what your wanting or not. We could tailor a 2,4,6 or 8 hour personal training with up to 4 people in the shoot house if you wanted. I know we aren't in OKC but our shoot house has DVR camera system and will handle up to a .308.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due to safety precautions its hard to find people that will let you train in a shoot house without an instructor. Which means its hard to do that without putting up some $$$ every time you go out. We have a shoot house and offer courses in it but its not open for members to just go in and practice. Im not sure if thats what your wanting or not. We could tailor a 2,4,6 or 8 hour personal training with up to 4 people in the shoot house if you wanted. I know we aren't in OKC but our shoot house has DVR camera system and will handle up to a .308.

Thanks. I've actually been thinking about taking a few courses to expand my knowledge and tactics repertoire. Looks like we are probably going to be stuck building our own shoot house and running course on one of the guys' land.

I will visit your site and check out some of your course tho. Thanks!

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
If you are on facebook then look up ADCO firearms. They just posted some pics not to long ago of their mobile shoot house.
You can always just paint the ground to simulate rooms, walls ect.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are on facebook then look up ADCO firearms. They just posted some pics not to long ago of their mobile shoot house.
You can always just paint the ground to simulate rooms, walls ect.

I will probably start them off with some just chalk line or engineering tape "walls" and such but if they start progressing and want to continue learning, nothing will teach them reaction time and space constrictions like an actual walled house.

Everybody thinks they got it down until they run through an actual door for the first time and get stuck "3 stooges with a ladder" style or get halfway around the jamb before they find out they hung the muzzle up on the doorframe the hard way. When we were starting room clearing i figured out REAL quick exactly why they start you out with dry fire runs. :p

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
I will probably start them off with some just chalk line or engineering tape "walls" and such but if they start progressing and want to continue learning, nothing will teach them reaction time and space constrictions like an actual walled house.

Everybody thinks they got it down until they run through an actual door for the first time and get stuck "3 stooges with a ladder" style or get halfway around the jamb before they find out they hung the muzzle up on the doorframe the hard way. When we were starting room clearing i figured out REAL quick exactly why they start you out with dry fire runs. :p

I agree. There is so many things going on and that can happen you really cant get enough practice doing it, you just run out of time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom