Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default cheapest place to buy 9mm ammo?

I was browsing online to see more prices of 9mm ammo, and i saw a lot of brown bear for 8.50.

is that about as low as it gets? i wouldn't mind driving a little bit to buy it locally to save on shipping though.

Default Re: cheapest place to buy 9mm ammo?

Take a look at these two on-line ammo price comparison sites:
    http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php

http://www.ammoengine.com/
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Thomas Jefferson

Fair Tax - Boost the economy and shrink big government at the same time

I dunno if it is cheaper but if we get behind on reloading it is just too easy to go to Wal-Mart and get the Winchester White box stuff. I am all about convenience these days ...
    In case you are wondering why I am here:

One of the owners/mods is a top member of the Oklahoma Infraguard (sic) which is a bunch of jack booted thugs getting off acting like Nazi's (sic) associated with Homeland Security. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still don't understand people getting offended on the Internet.
    (Oh ... and Post 12 was MINE ... ALL MINE!! )

Walmart is about as cheap as anywhere for buying good enough ammo a few boxes at a time. If you want really cheap ammo invest in a reloading setup and cast lead. It is rediculously cheap for me to shoot now.

When my Walmart has it I buy Federal at $9.47 per box of 50. Here lately it has been available quite a few times I've looked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez bake View Post
    I love these threads. They bring out the haters/cry-babies just as quickly as they bring out the snobs/fanboys.
    Just because you are my boss doesn't mean you know what you are doing!

Young Feller......I have forgotten more than you will ever know!

My Feedback

NRA LIFE MEMBER

No offense,but that sh it (Brown Bear) is really dirty ammo. Just an opinion after I tried it once. Its cheap though if you dont mind having to really do some cleaning afterwards. I been buying and shooting Federal and its been plentiful for less than $10 a box at Wallyworld.
    Feedback
    FB

"Once you've bought your way beyond hunger, sickness, fear and fatigue- the rest of your money is a completely useless pile of paper" (T Boone Pickens)

thanks for the info guys. yeah, looking online, i've seen the cheapest was .16/b. and i guess walmart is .2/b. so i may just stick with wally world for convenience's sake.

i guess this is kind of related. my friend and i are newbie, anticipated gun owners and we wanted to get the glock 9mm for its reliability. any thoughts?

thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by fokochang View Post
    i guess this is kind of related. my friend and i are newbie, anticipated gun owners and we wanted to get the glock 9mm for its reliability. any thoughts?
    * Get a Glock. They work. Every time. [Pull trigger, BANG. Lather, rinse, repeat.] Just find the one right for you/your hand.
    * Go online and get a couple of cases of ammo. Brown Bear shoots well, but shoots dirty. Quality U.S.-made ammo is about the same price online as the Wallyworld 9.47/9.97 Federal 9mm. Internet shipping and local sales tax about even out. Don't forget about your gas cost when you buy "local."
    * Practice.
    * Get more ammo and practice some more.

thanks for the info guys. yeah, looking online, i've seen the cheapest was .16/b. and i guess walmart is .2/b. so i may just stick with wally world for convenience's sake.

thanks again.
    Glock is so simple to shoot, clean and own. Reliable, fairly inexpensive, but a good "Bang" for your buck. I would highly discourage buying new if you don't have to..summitgunbroker.com Mark is a good resource for used glocks, as well as gtdist.com...you will have to call gt and see what deals they have, but I just picked up an excellent condition G22 .40 for $325 from Gtdist. Either will do you good.

thanks again.
    When you get your Glock (because even if you start out with something else you will eventually own several Glocks ... ) be sure and buy some trigger return springs -- you can get them at Midway USA, 3 for $8, or something like that) so you will have them. I have been shooting Glocks for 8 years now and GC has been shooting them 15 years and that is the ONLY part we have ever had fail. And even then that particular gun has belonged to a kid who shot the HECK out of it before I got it.

You can't beat a Glock for ease of maintenance and reliability, IMHO. Not only that but if you get into competition after-market parts ABOUND and you can have a very, very nice shooting gun for not a lot of money.

I would very strongly suggest that you participate actively in the forum here, get your 20 posts in and start watching the classifieds. Any of the old timers here post up this or that Glock from time to time and you can get some really smoking deals. We just bought a tricked out G-34 from a member ... No way we could have bought a stock gun (even with GC's LE discount) and done all the improvements this member had done to it for the price we paid for it.

You won't find a better bunch of fella to horse trade with.

One of the owners/mods is a top member of the Oklahoma Infraguard (sic) which is a bunch of jack booted thugs getting off acting like Nazi's (sic) associated with Homeland Security. You have been warned.

I would add that you visit some of the ranges that rent Glocks and try some out. I think both Heartland and H&H rent them.

Or you could just buy a Browning and have a real gun.

My G17 is also a nice coffee table decoration...just sayin.
    Feedback
    FB

"Once you've bought your way beyond hunger, sickness, fear and fatigue- the rest of your money is a completely useless pile of paper" (T Boone Pickens)

Quote Originally Posted by RickN View Post
    I would add that you visit some of the ranges that rent Glocks and try some out. I think both Heartland and H&H rent them.

Or you could just buy a Browning and have a real gun.
    I'm not really that big on the "look" of Glocks, but I am currently considering a M&P 9mm. Does anyone have an opinion on the M&P's?

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith918 View Post
    I'm not really that big on the "look" of Glocks, but I am currently considering a M&P 9mm. Does anyone have an opinion on the M&P's?
    A lot of people really like the M&P. In fact when they first came out all the competition shooters around here were selling their Glocks and getting M&Ps. Some of them went back to Glock after a bit, but a good number of them stayed with their M&Ps. I personally cannot hit a barn from the inside with one. I am happy with my Glock for competition and fun shooting. For my CCW, I carry a Colt Gold Cup 1911 ...