cheapest place to buy 9mm ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. yeah, looking online, i've seen the cheapest was .16/b. and i guess walmart is .2/b. so i may just stick with wally world for convenience's sake.

i guess this is kind of related. my friend and i are newbie, anticipated gun owners and we wanted to get the glock 9mm for its reliability. any thoughts?

thanks again.

When you get your Glock (because even if you start out with something else you will eventually own several Glocks ... :werd:) be sure and buy some trigger return springs -- you can get them at Midway USA, 3 for $8, or something like that) so you will have them. I have been shooting Glocks for 8 years now and GC has been shooting them 15 years and that is the ONLY part we have ever had fail. And even then that particular gun has belonged to a kid who shot the HECK out of it before I got it.

You can't beat a Glock for ease of maintenance and reliability, IMHO. Not only that but if you get into competition after-market parts ABOUND and you can have a very, very nice shooting gun for not a lot of money.

I would very strongly suggest that you participate actively in the forum here, get your 20 posts in and start watching the classifieds. Any of the old timers here post up this or that Glock from time to time and you can get some really smoking deals. We just bought a tricked out G-34 from a member ... No way we could have bought a stock gun (even with GC's LE discount) and done all the improvements this member had done to it for the price we paid for it.

You won't find a better bunch of fella to horse trade with.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would add that you visit some of the ranges that rent Glocks and try some out. I think both Heartland and H&H rent them.

Or you could just buy a Browning and have a real gun. :D :D

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would add that you visit some of the ranges that rent Glocks and try some out. I think both Heartland and H&H rent them.

Or you could just buy a Browning and have a real gun. :D :D

I'm not really that big on the "look" of Glocks, but I am currently considering a M&P 9mm. Does anyone have an opinion on the M&P's?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not really that big on the "look" of Glocks, but I am currently considering a M&P 9mm. Does anyone have an opinion on the M&P's?

A lot of people really like the M&P. In fact when they first came out all the competition shooters around here were selling their Glocks and getting M&Ps. Some of them went back to Glock after a bit, but a good number of them stayed with their M&Ps. I personally cannot hit a barn from the inside with one. :teehee: I am happy with my Glock for competition and fun shooting. For my CCW, I carry a Colt Gold Cup 1911 ... :sunbath:

Boomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned several Glocks over the years they have always performed ,but just today I bought a M&P full size 9mm and I love it

gripping a Glock to me is like gripping a 2x4 where as the M&P feels much better , if the M&P functions as well as my Glocks have I will be sold on M&P's

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned several Glocks over the years they have always performed ,but just today I bought a M&P full size 9mm and I love it

gripping a Glock to me is like gripping a 2x4 where as the M&P feels much better , if the M&P functions as well as my Glocks have I will be sold on M&P's

Where did you pick it up at? I have been looking at ordering one from Bud's and getting it shipped. I think the $50/2 free mag. deal is going through the end of the month. Does your have the trigger safety?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I cannot disagree with this. I guess I have just shot Glocks for so long that it feels right ... anything else just feels like my hand is too "empty". :lookaroun

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

We sell quite a few of them and alot of people are happy with them. The trigger is my biggest complaint on them. The M&P is a great pistol but the most important battle is finding what fits your hand the best. Many people come in and are in the same battle as you. The best thing to do is go to a friendly gun shop and handle as many as possible to find what your most comfortable with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom